Talk

Advanced search

how much does a lone parent of 2 get?

(2 Posts)
theoptimist Mon 27-Jul-09 14:46:38

Hi there,
I wonder if you can help. I need to know how much you'd get (excluding maintenance payments) if you were alone, working, say 16 hours on minimum wage, or not working at all, and paying about £400 (could vary) a month rent, with two children of school age, under 16 yrs old. Can anyone give me an example? I'm trying to make a decision but I need some more information.
I looked at entitled to website, but it asked questions I didn't know the answer to, as it's not about my situation as it is now.
Thanks.

FeelingOld Mon 27-Jul-09 16:04:59

I have 2 children and i work full time as a childminder (not a very high income)and live in a rented house. I get 80% of my rent and council tax paid and i get working tax credits and child tax credits. My daughter also gets a free bus pass for the school bus.
Dont get any maintenance from my ex but we manage ok, not much money left at the end of the month but we dont go without and we can afford the odd treat/meal out each month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now