Talk

Advanced search

need advice please.

(8 Posts)
tigerlili Thu 23-Jul-09 18:15:54

Hello, just started seeing a guy who is 9 years older than me. I'm 37 almost 38. He's just turned 46.

This is the 1st time i have dated somebody older, we get on really well, 1st date was eventfull but for all the best reasons.

He is really keen, phoning every day, emails, texts! I just don't know how i feel, guess because the previous guy i dated(32) turned into a muppet and i ended up getting hurt.

Seeing him again at the weekend, don't even know if its just i am shattered , busy home, busy work!

He is lovely and well he seems a good guy.

the age thing bothers me , but really should it?am i being a daft mare?

Sorry if this is a wingey post, my past doesn't help, i find it VERY hard to trust now.

Would be grateful for some wise answers.

Tigerlili

notevenamousie Thu 23-Jul-09 18:22:20

Age doesn't bother me (I'm 10 years younger than you), I always seem to have gone for someone a bit older. Everything else sounds really good. I hope that amongst all the busyness, worries about the past, etc, you find time to enjoy it smile

RedHairedGirlie Thu 23-Jul-09 22:03:36

I've dated younger guys and older guys in the past - they each had good and bad qualities about them - I think if you like this guy and are enjoying his company, just go wtih the flow and see what happens smile

ridingjoker Fri 24-Jul-09 09:31:45

i have been with some alot older than me. its only an issue if it bother you... people dont say anything r think anything unless its obvious you feel awkward about it.

MitchyInge Fri 24-Jul-09 09:50:08

that wouldn't even register as an age gap for me, 9 years is nothing really but I prefer older men

tigerlili Fri 24-Jul-09 17:43:27

Thankyou all!

its just a new experience, and a good one so far!

He is or seems to be a nice guy.

tigerlili Sat 25-Jul-09 20:40:55

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date was eventfull, we both knew he was on call for work, still decided to take a chance and go to cinema. He gets called into work!
i go to cinema as i have already paid for tickets. 15 minutes into film he appears! paid again to get in.

watch film, he's holding my hand and fussing( which just iritates me) whatever he's eating smells fowl!

leave cinema. 5 messages on phone one from ds who wasn't feeling well but had my dad lookin after her ( ex doctor) i was away for4.5 hrs.One from ex asking how ds is!
one from friend, rest from date!

i laugh off the events but cut date short because i am worrying about ds and my dad, scares th sh*t out of me that i felt dissapointed when he wasn't sure he could get there! heard a voice when i was getting a drink when i 1st got to cinema thought it was his heart lept! wasn't heart sank!

he isn't ugly, he's lovely just no fizz!BUT when we kissed it felt great!

grrrrrrrrrrrr what is wrong with me!i am soooooooooo sh*T scared of being hurt again!

i am dumb i know but could someone please tell me that gently!!!!!!!!!!!!!sad

nymphadora Sat 25-Jul-09 21:15:27

My dp is 16 years older than me ! I was worried at first but we get on so well it doesn't seem to matter and we are getting married soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now