Talk

Advanced search

My dd had a febrile fit and 8 hours in hospital today, do I ring my ex?

(8 Posts)
notevenamousie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:24:31

My dd is 2 and had her first fit today, presumed secondary to bacterial tonisillitis. We spent the day on children's ward, the staff there were mostly really great with us.

My dd's father is out of the country, on a "child free luxury holiday" (his words), at an undisclosed-to-me location. Should I ring him to tell him? Or send an e-mail for him to see when he gets back. I would be distraught if I thought something had happened to dd when I was away from her, but then I wouldn't leave the country without her, and things have been difficult lately.

cestlavielife Wed 22-Jul-09 17:39:54

do you need him to come back?

does he have her overnight? he will need ot know for future but if she fine and you been sent home then you could tell him on his return

is she ok now?

you could send text saying "dd had febrile convulsion, been to hospital, all ok now" - but then it might lead to long conversations you dont want?

cestlavielife Wed 22-Jul-09 17:42:15

ah now linked to your other thread - i would not tell him til you need to ie next contact session.

if he isnt that bothered ie happy to not see her for 7 weeks then he does need to know if he is going to be caring for her in future - but it wont make much difference for him to be told later.

Sickofbloodyswineflu Wed 22-Jul-09 17:46:07

Aww..hope she is OK

I would tell him, not because you need him to come home but just to stop him having any ammunition when he does find out...

I would tell him because as difficult as it is that he is her father and as much of an arse as he is YOU unfortunatly have to rise above it.

maggievirgo Wed 22-Jul-09 17:53:47

I wouldn't. I'm a lone parent, and you sound like you've had an incredibly stressful day. You don't need more. I hope she's ok.

amisuchabadmummy Wed 22-Jul-09 17:55:29

I would text him tomorrow when you are less stressed.

That way he can't say you havent given him the option to return to the UK if he's worried and also he cant say you cant cope and panicked because you are texting once everything has calmed down.

notevenamousie Wed 22-Jul-09 17:58:25

Thank you for the quick replies. She seems ok enough, is very grumpy still but so much better than this morning.
Letting him know tomorrow seems a good halfway house - for both him and her. I don't need him here, we are fine, but yes it seems that I should let him know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now