Talk

Advanced search

adjusting to having the children back after holiday !

(8 Posts)
anothermum92 Sat 18-Jul-09 16:36:40

Message withdrawn

Doodle2u Sat 18-Jul-09 22:12:45

I think it sounds pretty reasonable to feel like that. I imagine you'll get back in to your Mummy Stride again soon enough and the good news is, now you know you'll be OK when Ex takes them for a holiday in the future and you can legitimately look forward to it and plan some nice things for yourself.

So it's all good!

anothermum92 Sat 18-Jul-09 23:16:23

Message withdrawn

twoisplenty Sat 18-Jul-09 23:25:44

I think it's normal because a similar thing happened to me (sort of).

My ds is disabled and takes a lot of my energy, and I was away from him for 4 days. I was still with my dd who is 5yo, but that still felt like a "holiday" because I wasn't having to think 24hrs per day about my ds needs.

When I got back home to my ds, I felt so tearful and sad, because the hard work was back again. I certainly wanted to be back home with him, but it definitely felt like I had the holiday "blues".

The feeling lasted for about a week, and then the memory faded, as it does.

Back to normal now.

Did that make any sense??

anothermum92 Sat 18-Jul-09 23:45:51

Message withdrawn

oneofthree Sun 19-Jul-09 09:39:21

Can understand how you feel, it's lovely that you had a nice time whilst the dcs were away, time to recharge your battery. Can dad not have the children overnight on some weekends too so that you have some me time on a regular basis.

sincitylover Sun 19-Jul-09 11:16:07

mine have just gone for ten days. Sitting here feeling a bit lost but do need the break as I have been feeling so stressed lately.

I know that feeling when they come back as well. It's difficult readjusting.

anothermum92 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:11:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now