Talk

Advanced search

Dating sites where you have to pay, is there really any difference ??

(11 Posts)
NervousNutty Sun 05-Jul-09 23:01:16

I have tried all the usual free sites, pof, smooch etc etc and I get absolutly nowhere.

Does it really make such a difference using a site where you have to pay ??

Claire2009 Sun 05-Jul-09 23:01:51

Have you tried Match.com?

They have a free trial running at the mo.

NervousNutty Sun 05-Jul-09 23:06:27

Oh do they, i did look on there but didn't see that. I know they do that 6mths free thing if you don't find anyone in first 6mths.

I'm just really reluctant to pay if I end up with the same result as i have been getting.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 23:08:20

Have you tried 'my single friend'? It's free and there are some hot blokes on there.

NervousNutty Sun 05-Jul-09 23:09:19

Is that the one where a friend has to put your details on ??

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 23:19:04

yes. It looks good. I tried smooch, there are some really odd people on there. Don't go there.

NervousNutty Sun 05-Jul-09 23:23:18

Lol have tried smooch several times, but yes it is full of odd balls.

Hmm mybe it is me that is odd lol

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 05-Jul-09 23:27:01

No, it's full off odd blokes.

Have you tried dance lessons? Fun and you get to meet blokes. wink

NervousNutty Sun 05-Jul-09 23:50:45

Lol no, i don't even dance at parties or clubs if i can really help it.

Dysgu Mon 06-Jul-09 00:01:07

I met my DP on udate.com

We have been together for 6+ years.

Before him, I met two very nice guys on there. Met one but it didn't go anywhere long term. Had 1 year relationship with the other.

I think there are always some 'odd' people on these sites but I set my preferences to sift out as many as possible.

Good Luck.

AnitaBlake Mon 06-Jul-09 09:33:13

I think the 'key' to the dating websites is to be as honest as possible and as picky as possible! Rather than write out something new, I copy and pasted my FB profile into the about me section and laid down so ground rules so that idiots were filtered out!
For example I only replied to guys who had read my profile and sent me a personalised, well spelt email! Been with my bloke two years now! Oh, one other tip, use a normal holiday snap or similar rather than a specially posed one. They look more like 'you' and attract nicer blokes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now