Talk

Advanced search

ExH selective parenting! Am really annoyed.

(3 Posts)
bloodyX Sun 28-Jun-09 21:59:04

Have posted this in AIBU but would really appreciate your opinions.

ExH has DS every Sunday 10-6.
He text me yesterday to say he wouldn't beable to have DS today as he has a tummy upset (diarrhea!)
Am I being unreasonable to be really angry about this? Obviously wouldn't want DS to catch anything from him, but when I am ill, I can't 'cancel' being with my child.
I have to just get on with things.
He didn't ask if he could see DS at another time during the week, so it will be a fortnight between visits.
ExH lives with his parents so it isn't even as if he would have had to look after Ds on his own if he felt too ill hmm
ExH has cancelled a visit before due to work commitments and was seen out with his friends getting wasted. Nice!
I feel pissed off that I didn't get my day 'off' as planned but feel more gutted on behalf of DS that his Dad is prepared not to see him for 2 weeks.
Luckily DS is only 18mnths so is oblivious.
sad

mrsmortenharket Mon 29-Jun-09 11:18:26

am sorry i don't have more time to post, will check back tomorrow xx have to pick up dd from =nursery now byeee

MrsMichaelSchofield Mon 29-Jun-09 11:28:04

I think it depends - did he want 50:50 custody or did he just want the hours you've mentioned?

I have a problem with mothers who insist on full custody but then complain when the exdp can't have the children.

But if he only wanted Sundays then he should be keeping to the arrangements where poss. Got to say though, I wouldn't want someone with vomitting/diarrhoea looking after my child

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now