Advanced search

Idea 2 get xp to pay maintenance - would it work? also in LEGAL section

(10 Posts)
101StressPuppy Fri 13-May-05 12:05:50

Right I need somebody who know something baout how small claims court works...

See my dd's father has a schedule of payment that he has not being abiding by. To cut to the chase, could I take him to a small claims court? would they be able to award me the money?

Does anyone know if payment schedules are legal documents? I'm guessing they are as the CSA have the right to enfoce them??

Can anyone help with these answers, please don't tell me to contact my CAB cos it's impossible to pre-book an appointment.

Bugsy2 Mon 16-May-05 19:47:15

By no means an expert, but this can be a tricky one. I think you are best trying to get the CSA to force through a detachment of earnings direct from his salary.
I know there are quite alot of online divorce websites, which may give you some advice.
Perhaps you should dress up as Batgirl & chain yourself to Buckingham Palace!!!!!! (Sorry cynical suggestion, just annoys me that this happens to women all the time & yet its the men who still manage to get the attention)

101StressPuppy Mon 16-May-05 19:52:50

he already has a deductions from earning order nd has had for 2 years!

marne Mon 16-May-05 19:55:22

My dh had to pay for his kids and from what i can make out the CSA are realy slow on chasing up people who havnt payed and they dont seem to care if people don't pay. Not sure about small claims court but knowing the CSA they it could take years to get your money.

Louise1980 Mon 16-May-05 20:19:23

I like the batman idea. Me any my mate are tempted to go up big ben as 'mothers for justice'

aloha Mon 16-May-05 20:28:12

I have no idea if it would work, but personally, I think it is an inspired idea. Would probably suprise him at the very least.

debs26 Mon 16-May-05 20:30:44

i would ring your local county court and ask. seem to remember seeing a leaflet there about what to do if maintenance is not being paid, but didnt read it so couldnt tell you what it contained. they will probably tell you or post you out forms to fill in

101StressPuppy Mon 16-May-05 20:31:46

In the legal section (I posted under there as well) I told peole that apparently I can't do it. Back to the drawing board. I've already written to my MP. I wish I knew someone in TV, I would so love to publicise how the CSA make peopel like me completely helpless and take any control that we may once have had away from us.

Solicitors won't help, the csa won't help my mp didn't make the slightest bit of difference. They have effectively/affectively stopped me from helping myself.

nightowl Tue 17-May-05 02:42:08

talking to the csa is like banging my head against a wall. after 16 months they have finally sent me documents saying they are taking action to recover arrears money from him. but get this...they want as much information as i can give them. i had loads when i first put in the claim but they have left it so long he's changed everything he possibly can!! ive never seen a penny. he ignored them from day 1 and only now they decide to do something about it? think it was flaming obvious he wasnt going to pay! (goes off to bang-head-against-wall some more)

SoBlue Tue 17-May-05 15:35:35

Left ex 12 years ago been punishing me and kids ever since. The CSA only every recovered 2months payment for my 2 kids before he changed jobs and eventually gave up working. Waste of time, i have a letter saying he owes me £20,000 but its on paper only! .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: