Talk

Advanced search

Father's Day. Any other Mums feeling crappy?

(6 Posts)
bettyboo26 Sun 21-Jun-09 10:36:37

ExH has just picked up Ds for the day. (He has him one day a week)
Ds (18mnths) was so pleased to see him and almost dragged ExH out of the door.
I love the fact that DS has such a lovely time with his Dad but it kills me to realise that he is missing out on that father/son relationship for the rest of the week.
ExH was a crap husband but such a lovely Daddy. He bathed DS every night and put him to bed and weekend were spent doing stuff as a family.
I know I have made the right decision for myself but worry that I have been selfish and as a consequence DS will miss out. sad

IDidntRaiseAThief Sun 21-Jun-09 10:58:45

hiya, i feel crappy to, for differetn reasons. Breakups are such a savage thing, when you aren't doign the 'norm'. Love is the key I guess. The day will be over soon enough, and your ds will be ok, i am sure of it, as long as he has an active father in his life. iyswim.
x

MrsBonJovi Sun 21-Jun-09 14:26:21

Im feeling low as well today...silly really as DS is with his daddy as normal today.

Think it kinda upset me seeing families out and about spending time together whilst I am on my own.

Also cant call on any friends as they as spending family time together.

bettyboo26 Sun 21-Jun-09 14:59:12

Thanks for replying IDidntRaiseAThief and MrsBonJovi.

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one feeling rubbish but am sorry for you guys too.

When I went to get ExH's Fathers Day prezzie I felt so sad that I was trying to find something inpersonal.
Just makes me wonder where it all went wrong and how I ended up here.

Will have a day moping today then back to 'getting on with it' tomorrow.

Thanks again for 'listening' and I hope you both feel better soon too.

sundaymorning Sun 21-Jun-09 18:19:00

Yes! My boys gone to exDH's family BBQ and I'm stuck here by myself. I still get on well with his family and see them but not invited to BBQ as exDH girlfriend going

Meglet Sun 21-Jun-09 18:23:17

My ex p is in Benidorm with his mates so he missed fathers day angry. Luckily the dc's are too little to understand fathers day which has helped. And I didn't have to spend any money on a card.

I'm relieved I have others to mope with. Tomorrow will be better smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now