Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas what I can get ExH for Fathers Day off DS( 18mnths)?

(11 Posts)
bettyboo26 Wed 10-Jun-09 22:27:39

Thats it really!

First Fathers Day since we seperated and trying to do the right thing(for DS's sake).

So what should I get him? Need it to look like its from DS and not me (so he doesn't get the wrong idea).

Any ideas would be greatly recieved.

TIA

plantsitter Wed 10-Jun-09 22:28:31

A nice picture of DS in a frame?

bettyboo26 Wed 10-Jun-09 22:31:56

I got him that for Christmas. Do you think it would be ok to do the same again?

oneforward20back Wed 10-Jun-09 22:36:43

could get him a montage frame of different aspects of ds' 18months or some shops do a book from your photos and u could do one of the 1st year with some of his firsts, which leaves the option to follow up next year with the next installment. wink i like thinking saving ideas... can u guess what my ex is getting for christmas from ds?

bettyboo26 Wed 10-Jun-09 22:43:03

Thats a great idea oneforward, just hope I've not left it too late to do the picture book idea. (Fathers day is a week on Sun!)
You don't think it's insensitive to give him pictures of things/times he's missed? (totally his own doing, may I add!)
Suppose it would be nice for ExH to have copies of some of the very early pictures of DS too.

Thanks for the ideas

jkklpu Wed 10-Jun-09 22:43:39

Get ds to make him a card: that's the kind of really personal thing you can't price. Any actual present is obviously from you, so, unless it's photos, is rather false. You could give him a scrapbook of pictures/paintings your lo has done.

flatcapandpearls Wed 10-Jun-09 22:44:08

I always do pictures for dd father.

Photobox do books and gifts with photos

fucksticks Wed 10-Jun-09 22:45:46

frame a painting/picture that DS has done?
or do his handprints and frame them?

gillybean2 Thu 11-Jun-09 09:51:53

Get ds to make a card or do a drawing or decorate something. That way it's from him and a memory to keep.

Yellowmoon.org.uk have lots of fairly cheap craft kits, such as the father's day tie which he can splodge paint on. Same with the mug which he can decorate with their porcelin pens or paint.

ridingjoker Thu 11-Jun-09 20:10:18

kick up the arse.

sorry thats what mines is getting since he bought me sweet FA for mothers day.grin

i agree with crafty kit idea.

or get ds to help you make some cookies for him . get some clear wrapping paper from craft shop/florists. wrap them up and tie with ribbon. get ds to help with that too.

bettyboo26 Thu 11-Jun-09 22:03:58

Thanks guys.

RJ, a kick up the arse would be very tempting but not sure my ExH would even notice.

I saw a book in whsmiths today called- My Dad. Was so lovely, I nearly cried. The last page said something along the lines of-I love my Dad and he will always love me.

Thought it would make a lovely prezzie and would be something that DS and his Daddy could share.

Going to help DS make a card too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now