Talk

Advanced search

god I feel lonely today : (

(25 Posts)
IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 18:08:58

that's it really. Sometimes it just all seems, lonely doesn't it.

poopscoop Tue 09-Jun-09 18:15:09

oh, couldnt let your post go unanswered. Stick around on here and you won't feel so lonely. Or have a really nice long bath and pamper. smile

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 18:18:07

thanks. i am reg but have changed name recently, but kinda liked my old name, cos people know who you are iyswim.

i just feel more down than i have in ages.

poopscoop Tue 09-Jun-09 18:20:46

did you change for a reason? Can you not go back to it for this evening just so old mates recognise you?

notevenamousie Tue 09-Jun-09 18:21:36

It does. Sometimes it's great and sometimes those times seem so far away. And it seems forever til bedtime, if you can actually sleep. How old are your dc?

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 18:45:38

i have one dc aged 7. i used to be pirate cat.

i'm just having a downtime. I changed cos i thought RL would catch me up a tad.

I am always trying to tell myself, things are not so bad, things couldbe worse. Yet this is one of those times when i just feel it IS worse.

Just lonely that's all. fed up of being on my own. miss my ex. just sometimes it hits me, that he left. thisis one of those times.

sb6699 Tue 09-Jun-09 18:54:33

Feel as if I am intruding slightly as not a lone parent (have been in the past) but I think I have "met" you before on here and wanted to let you know you have another pair of ears.

Do you have anyone you can invite round for a chat and a bottle of something cold just to take your mind off how your feeling for the time being?

notevenamousie Tue 09-Jun-09 18:57:47

It is lonely - I agree with that. Work helps me, a bit. How long have you been feeling down? Do you think there's any more to it?

tigerlili Tue 09-Jun-09 19:03:15

((((((((((((((((((ididntraiseathief))))))))))))))

being on your own with a ds can be lonely!!!!!!!!i agree!!

Just remember there are good days too!!

tigerlili

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 19:06:59

hello if you have 'met' me before!

No there's noone to invite tonight. All my friends have partners or husbands.

I am normally full of fun, a good mate, and my mates are lovely to me. I guess it just feels 'different' tho. That at the end of the day, i am alone. Sometimes that ok, most of the time it is ok. Just not the past few days.

DD had a hellish time at dentists yesterday, horrible seeing her so stressed. She came home early form school today. Sometimes, and this feels awful, I wish she'd just go away for a bit.

Long and documented on here how awful her dad has been to me and her since he left.

Very good friend has just found out she's pg, and yes I am envious. Our kids are the same age. Dunno, i am thrilled of course. But sad inside.

Curiousmama Tue 09-Jun-09 19:14:44

Do you think your friends won't come round because they have a partner or husband? When I was with exdh I still went round to friends houses who were single, still do now am with dp. I've had that time alone and know how it feels, the internet can be a saviour.

Don't presume your friends won't come round or do you know they won't?

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 19:22:17

One of my friends, well her dh works nights, so she can't ever really. Thats ok, we try and meet up regularly tho, altho it's with our dc's. I have about 3 other friends, 2 are pg, one is always tied up with her kids. It's ok, it's not a case of me not being able to call on them, I could always ring them or something.

I'm just down.

notevenamousie Tue 09-Jun-09 19:26:22

I am sure we have 'met' before on LP threads. I don't have any "real" friends that are single parents either. People say 'I don't know how you do it' then back off sharply in case you say 'nor do I' or something. I can't fix the loneliness but I will listen, if it will help at all? It sounds like it is tough atm with your dd not being right. Have you any plans for the weekend??

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 19:30:23

i can relate to the bit where you want to say'hey neither do I'

Yet you don't do you, you just say, 'ah well I'm ok, I'm lucky to have dc' bla bla

and of course I truly mean it, but not today, or yesterday. Just heavy going right now. Am prone to depression, it's a lifelong thing.

Am glad i can come here.

IDidntRaiseAThief Tue 09-Jun-09 19:33:03

ex rang, dd answered phone earlier.

I just feel like the one without anyone. Like they are in a relationship without me. I went thru the shit, he left, i cope with the shit, he still has his daughter. I feel sad that he loves her (dd), and not me anymore.

ah fuck it. I am just down.

notevenamousie Tue 09-Jun-09 19:41:48

<whispers> I want my dd to go away too sometimes as well. It is so hard. I have recurrent depression and am not too good atm. I know it's "all worth it" for dd, but... sometimes I just don't feel up to it. What are you up to this evening? Is dd in bed yet? Also, are you taking anything for the low time you are having?

ChasingSquirrels Tue 09-Jun-09 21:32:20

Just saying hi really.
It is lonely, but it is good for your dd that she does have that relationship with him.
I've had a v v hard week, but getting over it. It comes and goes.
Take care of yourself.

sb6699 Tue 09-Jun-09 21:57:42

If you have a history of depression would it be worth seeing your gp?

You just sound so sad.

Curiousmama Wed 10-Jun-09 19:37:48

How are you today? And also you too notevenamousie?

IDRAT could you stay over at your friend's one night? If her dh is on nights she may welcome the company and dcs will sleep anywhere, you could maybe take a sleeping bag for her? Just a thought.

sparkybint Thu 11-Jun-09 20:49:50

Have got the blues myself today pirate cat of old. Ex-H has just had a baby, he's causing divisions between me and DD of 9 and I just split up with my fiance who turned out to be a total fuckwit, a spineless waste of space.

Have good friends too but tonight I just don't feel part of the human race. It's as if everyone has a decent relationship apart from me and right now, I've decided to give up and accept the fact that I'm not meant to be happy in that way. Will try and think of other ways and hopefully feel better in the morning. Hope you're OK.

IDidntRaiseAThief Fri 12-Jun-09 07:28:47

sparky, what shitload you've had to deal with sad

ikwym abou tnot feeling part of the human race. I sat with friends after school the other day and just felt that complete aloneness inside.

curlygal Fri 12-Jun-09 07:41:19

Hi

I am sorry you are feeling down, maybe there is something in the air at the moment as I've been feeling much as you describe too. sad

I am on my own with one DS (who will be four tomorrow smile and I am finding it hard and oh soooooooooo lonely at the moment. Like you all my friends are married or partnered and just don;t get what it's like.

My closest friend has just had a baby and she is usually the one I would let it all out to but I can;t do that at the moment.

Plus DS is now obsessed with why I don;t have a baby as almost everyone else we know with children now has a second baby "But Mummmmmmmmmmmmmmy whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy don't I have a baby? BUt Why" nmot what you need to hear when you are feeling down and lonely really!

It's hard not to feel isolated when you are this down so even when you are with people you still feel lonely, I know.

Someone else mentioned going to see your GP? Would you do that? I have considered it but not sure can face it.

When I feel like this I try to remember that it will pass and that everyone has ups and downs (although reckon they must be much easier to deal with when you have an understanding husband who loves you grin)

There are days when I wisj I could just have a break from DS so I think that most single parents feel that way so don;t feel too guilty about that!

Hope you feel better soon

IDidntRaiseAThief Fri 12-Jun-09 09:40:54

hi, thanks for that post curly.

It's good to hear from you. Am not able to formulate a better reply right now, but just wanted to say I hear you!

I am nt usually bothered about being single around my friends, but just this week it's an issue for me personally.

I know it will pass. Just takes you unaware sometimes and you find yourself questioning yourslef, just becuase you are having a troubled time.

I am on antidepressants, and they hold me up. Perhaps when you have the strength you cuold see your gp for some support?

I had counselling today but have cancelled, just can't face it. Not today. I feel i need to deal with this and come out the other side.

anothermum92 Fri 12-Jun-09 19:39:53

Message withdrawn

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 19:40:45

yeah. i know the feeling. sitting down in a corner and hoping it will go away soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now