Talk

Advanced search

CSA.. Aggghhhhhhhhhh Fucking useless

(15 Posts)
Devendra Tue 09-Jun-09 06:51:57

Just that really.. The incompetance of the system is mind boggling. My claim is simple.. I know where dickhead ex works and lives yet they have still managed to mess up the claim. Ive complained and now in process of complaint to MP.. This is the second time ive had to deal with them.. the last claim took a year to sort out and they even lost my file!
There I feel better.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 09-Jun-09 07:17:56

Message withdrawn

AnarchyAunt Tue 09-Jun-09 07:36:00

Yeah....

They 'can't find' my ex, despite the fact he still lives in the house we lived in together hmm

Apparently all he has to do is ignore letters and he is recorded as 'untraceable' and my claim gets closed hmm

They paid me £115 last year as compensation - well done on £2500 Reality!

Might take it to my MP if it actually works.

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 09-Jun-09 07:42:49

Message withdrawn

zookeeper Tue 09-Jun-09 07:46:57

I feel your pain too ! I applied for a variation nearly a year ago . I was told over the phone about four months ago that at last exdp had been assessed and that he should be paying nearer £300 a month than the £10 a month(for three dcs) that he is currently paying and that they just hasd to procees it through their system which would take two days. It still hasn't been processed because apparently their computere system can't cope with the vatiation and their computer bods are dealing with it. In the meantime he's put £100k cash into buying the house in which he now lives which is now lost to me forever as it's his main residence

How did you go about getting compensation?

akhems Tue 09-Jun-09 07:52:53

12 years I've been dealing with them and never recieved a penny yet. I've given them his work details, home address, car reg, ni nbr, everything they could possibly need but they still can't find him hmm I even offered to accompany their officer and point him out but they wouldn't have it

I've given up now, but the letters that come once a year saying we're owed £125,00 are really taking the piss angry

AnarchyAunt Tue 09-Jun-09 07:53:25

I will email my MP later in that case. About 18 months ago when I found out they had closed my first case for no reason, I made a Big Fuss and a new one was opened and a default maintenance order (I think?) was made for £20 a week. Never had it though - well, £1.67 turns up in my bank every now and then, though not for at least a year now.

He is determined not to pay and tbh I think the CSA are happy to let him get away with it. Too much like hard work. They did tell me I could hire my own private dick to prove he was working if I wanted!!!

mrsjammi Tue 09-Jun-09 08:28:25

Message withdrawn

RealityIsMyOnlyDelusion Tue 09-Jun-09 08:32:34

Message withdrawn

Devendra Tue 09-Jun-09 20:34:26

I got a phone call today off them (first one EVER) after I have complained THREE times.. She told me that my case was sat in a pile of others waiting to 'go clerical' as they were unable to input my daughters information on the bastarding system... My next step is an MP complaint.. The inadequacy of the service they provide is staggering.. and hearing your stories is so disheartening.. but I shall keep chipping away and hopefully get whats owed.
good luck to you all.

Mousey84 Tue 09-Jun-09 20:40:03

I gave them dds dads address, DOB and phone number yet they still sent it to his dad (same name, but 40 years older and lived in different country)

Luckily, we are all on good terms now, and can all look back at that and laugh grin

Ryn Tue 09-Jun-09 21:45:43

They cocked mine up too! He is self employed and they havent a clue what to do!!! Getting a pittance so complained. Unless I can illegally access his bank account (WTF???) as evidence then my DD must live on cheap beans for the rest of her childhood while he lives in his spanking new 3 bed with conservatory (alone I might add!)

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!

jamestkirk Tue 09-Jun-09 22:35:05

the system is ok, i think - its the morons who work there thats the problem.

ive been a lone parent for 14 years and ex has never paid a penny. they have ex's details, workplace the lot, and yet still say i dont qualify?

dont qualify - their words - i have 3 kids and work full time but dont qualify for maintenance? i dont even bother anymore as kids are fine and grown up without anyone elses help...moan over

GumsNRoses Tue 09-Jun-09 22:42:54

C.S.A don't even go there, Dh has had his Dd since she was 7(now 16) and they hounded him for £4000 he didn't owe, complaint in progress wink

Anngeree Thu 11-Jun-09 13:30:40

I gave CSA my ex's Name ,Address,D.o.b & work details it still took them 3yrs to trace him. Eventually he was made to pay £89.91 a mth of which I was allowed to keep £10 a wk due to being on benefits(old rules) but he messed me around one mth he would pay nxt mth he wouldn't or payment would be late I couldn't rely on the money & found it was getting difficult to keep my head above water as I didn't know if, when or what i'd be getting. He stopped paying in April last yr after making some effort to pay for 20mths & after numerous E-mails & phone calls to the CSA they contacted me last wk to ask if I wanted him traced. I agreed but was a little dubious as now I get all CSA money & have to declare it to benefits agency I was worried incase he messed me about again & I ended up in debt. Turns out it took them 2 days to trace him & they're going to take money i'm owed straight from his wage before he gets it! That should be a nice suprise for him nxt mth as i'm due nearly £450!!!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now