Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to proof about access and finances?

(2 Posts)
MeAndMyGirl Mon 08-Jun-09 20:16:02

Been at court today about access to dd. Thankfully interim report has denied ex-partner access but he is now taking it to proof with both access and finances.

My lawyer has told me will have to give evidence like a trial...but not be until next year....

anyone been in this boat - what is it like????

OptimistS Fri 12-Jun-09 10:39:51

Hi MeAndMyGirl. Got no idea TBH as I've never been in this situation, but this sounds as though it is such a momentous thing in your lives that I didn't want to read and run.

If your X has been denied access in the interim report then I'm guessing he's been abusive or has serious mental health or substance abuse issues? It's rare for the courts to deny all access.

I'm guessing that proof could take the form of police or doctor reports (if abuse), or even neighbours etc who may have witnessed it. If it's mental health or substance abuse, there will probably be medical records alluding to things? Unless I know on what grounds access has been denied it's a bit difficult to know, and I might be wrong anyway as I've no personal experience. Have you tried calling the Children's Legal Centre? They will be able to tell you exactly what it required in terms of proof and all the advice they give you will be free of charge. If you are worried about being cross examined, maybe Women's Aid can help?

Good luck. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now