Talk

Advanced search

Rom Coms should come with a warning not to be watched by single people

(10 Posts)
NervousNutty Sat 06-Jun-09 23:06:08

Unless you want to be depressed afterwards lol.

differentID Sat 06-Jun-09 23:07:30

I am married. Rom-coms depress me.

aseriouslyblondemoment Sun 07-Jun-09 12:07:48

lol @ nutty
aww bless you!smile

NervousNutty Sun 07-Jun-09 12:28:37

Unfortunatly they are my fave type of film hmm, sucker for punishment me lol.

Janos Sun 07-Jun-09 16:12:58

Oh RomComs make me barf! Sometimes I like them though if I'm in a soppy mood.

Janos Sun 07-Jun-09 16:13:36

I think happy ever after is a load of tosh though, I'm an awful cynic.

MaggieBee Sun 07-Jun-09 17:56:20

I agree. Well, when you've recently split from somebody anyway. I could probably endure a rom com now!!

MaggieBee Sun 07-Jun-09 17:59:05

Janos, the idea of meeting a man+happy every after is tosh. I was just saying on another thread PSM's how I'm happy right now and I'm patting myself on the back about my personal plan and my studies and savings and so on..... Maybe this IS the happy ever after!! If it is I want to be aware of it now. I don't want to look back in 30 years and realise, I was so happy then but I didn't notice because I was waiting for the real happy ending. This can be my happy ending. That would be OK. I won't be lonely.

Janos Mon 08-Jun-09 09:17:41

"Maybe this IS the happy ever after!!"

I agree with you one hundred per cent MaggieBee. And you absolutely should be proud of yourself by the sound of things

ridingjoker Tue 09-Jun-09 20:53:08

oh i'm a weirdo obviously. i like to get a wine, take away. chocolate and wine. watch a really cheesy romantic pile of shite and cry my eyes out after a split. feel much better for it the next day

(probably because you realise what a pile of crock it is)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now