Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone going to Shell Island this weekend for Single with Kids Campfest?

(6 Posts)
littlestmummystop Thu 04-Jun-09 14:22:17

Just wondering as I've just seen a weather forecast for rain!

Anyone been before? It's my first time and am feeling bit nervous now. .

inthemistsoftime Thu 04-Jun-09 14:40:54

No I have never been, but it sounds like a great idea, me and the dcs love camping, such a shame we didn't know about it sooner, will book mark it for next year tho.

Good luck with the weather grin

mrsmortenharket Fri 12-Jun-09 11:18:37

no but would have love to have gone ...
if i had camping equipment lol!

am sure you will be fine x

stardust86 Fri 12-Jun-09 14:30:21

I was there. Ok weather wasn't brill on Saturday but the marquee was a saver and the hog roast went down really well.

LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT and I'm trying to get some money together so I can get to the New Forest camping trip next. Kids all got on great and the other parents were a hoot, I haven't laughed so much for ages.

Didn't get a chance to meet everyone but would love to know if any more mumsnetters were there or are goign to the New Forest, nice to meet up sometime.

inthemistsoftime Fri 12-Jun-09 14:42:05

hi stardust, what is the date for the trip to the new forest?

am considering dusting down the camping gear.

stardust86 Mon 15-Jun-09 13:13:48

The New Forest camping trip is the end of June, not this weekend but next (same as Glastonbury). I was meant to be away the week before and go straight on from there, having a re-think now as got to work angry. Def won't be missing the camping though, even if I do get there at midnight! Everyone helped to put tents up at Shell so I'm sure it won't be a problem to arrive late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now