Talk

Advanced search

I hate my job but it is easy..

(6 Posts)
DillyDally Mon 18-Apr-05 12:51:34

It gives me lots of holidays
I can take time off for DD
They dont mind me working at home
they never give me enough work to do, despite me asking over and over again - hence I am on here a lot

but I am so bored and unhappy.
Shoudl I stay and take advantage of the time it gives me to spend with DD
or should I look for something more challenging?

My brain is starting to wither...

KBear Mon 18-Apr-05 12:55:55

You've said yourself the advantages of this job but I understand the boredom thing. Is there anything you can do to make the job more interesting yourself? Maybe find a way someone can work more efficiently, reorganise systems or whatever. Failing that, study in your bored moments to get a qualification that might lead somewhere interesting one day!

wild Mon 18-Apr-05 12:56:18

there's nothing more draining than this (and I should know!)
I'd look for something else if I were you
I mean, I would say use the time/energy saved to do something productive for yourself but I haven't been able to achieve this myself, the less stimualated I am at work the less energy I seem to have for life outside as well

WideWebWitch Mon 18-Apr-05 12:57:32

I know the feeling and it's actually NOT nice is it, being bored at work? Well, I didn't like it anyway. I would say stay and take advantage of it until it gets too much or, if it is already depressing you, look for something else. Even if you get an offer you don't have to take it.

DillyDally Mon 18-Apr-05 12:59:16

Perhaps I could do the study thing
I have tried suggesting impovements to processes / systems etc but it is met with a great deal of apathy - there is no willingness to embrace change here.
Dr dillydally - i like it.

Sheila Mon 18-Apr-05 16:00:48

Oh Dilly dally, I know EXACTLY what you mean!

At the moment I know I can't handle anything more demanding than the dull job I do, but I have a pervading sense of listlessness and unfulfillment that's getting more intense the older DS gets. Feel I'm capable of a lot more than this job demands.

Don't know what you do but could you use the spare time at work write some articles and get them into professional mags to raise your profile (or something)? Or maybe try to develop your life outside work (tough for the single parent, I know). Easy to suggest stuff that I've not been able to do myself!

Would be really interested to hear what you decide to do. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now