Talk

Advanced search

On-line Divorce

(8 Posts)
Fixx Thu 19-Feb-09 18:07:19

Has anyone divorced over the net?

Have looked at a couple of web sites and looks simple enough but would like to know if anyone has any experience... good or bad.

JumpingDizzy Thu 19-Feb-09 18:09:50

Didn't know you could? I'll be separated for 2 years soon so will be going in for a divorce in the near future.

Fixx Thu 19-Feb-09 18:17:52

I think you can do it if you have been sep for 2 years - take a look.

I was thinking of doing it as I don't want to have to go to court, etc....

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 19-Feb-09 18:25:34

I did my divorce using the forms online and it was very straightforward but we had no children and there was no financial settlement

Neddie Thu 19-Feb-09 18:26:23

Download the forms from HMCS website I think they are D8 and D28 (one is for divorce the other is for arrangements for children). Then download the accompanying notes- read them well. It gives you instructions- then make an appointment with the Citizens Advice Bureau- they should help to see if you have made any mistakes. If you do make any mistakes the local courts just send it back to you highlighting where you went wrong. N.B. I am not advising this but who knows when you separated? It's been 2 years hasn't it? Then you don't have to go to court. Hope this helps.

Fixx Thu 19-Feb-09 18:32:36

We have 1 child. But my ex is unfit to look after him (has ment health probs) does that mean I'll have to go to court? We don't have any finacial stuff (no house, joint accounts, etc...)

Neddie Thu 19-Feb-09 18:44:06

No. Just sit down with him and fill the arrangements for the children's form out together. He will just need to agree for you to have full custody with arrangements for visitation.

MuthaHubbard Thu 19-Feb-09 22:18:12

Did my divorce myself, did a lot of research online (www.wikivorce.com v helpful) then I went to the local county court to fill in they forms. The staff there were v help and gave me some pointers re some of the more tricky parts.

Paid £300 when I put the forms in and I think it's another £40 or £50 for the absolute.

My nisi was granted on 22nd Jan so must have done something right! Arrangments for children done and agreed at the same time so my absolute should be ready at the beginning of March.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now