Talk

Advanced search

Lone parenting and working full time

(5 Posts)
Libb Fri 01-Apr-05 07:53:59

Does anyone do this? I currently work full time and have an 11 month old DS, I am trying to wrap my head round what I need to be doing.

I have an appointment with the council on Monday and, if my manager will let me, I will go to CAB in the morning.

What are your experiences of the actual moving out and setting yourself up?

Thanks in advance. xx

Luscious Fri 01-Apr-05 10:36:10

screw it. if he wont let u- call in sick.
even if u have to say ur baby is sick n cant be minded but that u shud be back next day-

or better yet- get someone to ring when u get to work on mon that babys ill.

anything to make sure you get to the CAB before the council!!!

Libb Fri 01-Apr-05 19:23:04

Okay, I am going to vent spleen about my line manager. I am flipping peeved! Today I asked to leave at 12 noon instead of 2.30 on Monday and she really made it clear she wasn't happy (I did want to ask for the whole day originally) and I very nearly walked out on her. (I rarely get like this with her because I have a lot of respect for her normally).

At the moment we have a huge backlog and she has had a run of bad luck with staff disappearing but she should know me better than this. I don't want random moments off without good reason (I had 1 sick day throughout my whole pregnancy and used my flexi for appointments so I think I am pretty reliable!)

There are only 4 of us on the team and today 1 was on holiday, 1 was off sick (apparantly this is very common) and the other had an early afternoon doctors appointment that my line manager hadn't been informed about. Meanwhile I was there trying to do my best whilst going my mind is elsewhere.

She said today "I don't know, this is a bit unfair and I can't really afford to lose any more time, all I want is to get the work up to date" and all I could say is "no, it isn't fair - all I wanted was to be with ex and bring up our son as a family but there you go". I rarely get so narky so to speak but she really pushed it, funnily enough she has found someone to cover me now. I have enough c**p to deal with right now without that!

I just needed to get that off my chest . . . thank you for listening!

Aimsmum Fri 01-Apr-05 19:40:29

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Fri 01-Apr-05 19:43:30

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now