Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

might be soon a single parent

(6 Posts)
busyalexsmummy Wed 16-Mar-05 22:35:20

Well, i got my bfp on monday, unexpected, not planned, already have a 13month old little boy, dp is not happy, he wants me to have a termination, but i cant, ive had 4 m/c's before my son and i cant do it, he thinks im being selfish wanting to keep the baby, i couldnt live with myself if i went through with it, so im keeping the baby so long as the pregnancy continues sucessfully and we may be on the verge of a break up as he does not want anougher baby yet and doesnt know if he will stay with me
sorry just needed to get that off my chest

pixiefish Wed 16-Mar-05 22:37:48

Congratulations firstly.

I'm sure your dp will come round. It's probably just the initial shock. The important thing is that you look after yourself and the little baba and try not to get stressed or upset (easier said than done I know)

whatsername Wed 16-Mar-05 22:40:41

(((hugs))) I agree with Pixie. Give him time and space and he may well come round to the idea. Remember we're all here for support if and when you need it.

Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Caligula Wed 16-Mar-05 23:20:42

Congratulations Alexsmummy.

So you're being selfish are you? Well, that's women for you. Always selfishly wanting to stay up night after night feeding, cleaning and loving for no thanks.

He'll come round.

sassy Thu 17-Mar-05 10:49:26

Just wanted to post my experience ..
Found out last April that i was pg -unplanned, we already had a dd aged 18mo. Dh reacted v strangely; didn't want to tell anyone etc.Turned out he wanted a separation; this was not prompted by the pg but it kind of made his mind up for him IYKWIM. He moved out when I was about 18wks pg. I was devestated.
BUT he realised almost immediately that he had made a mistake. By the time I was due he had more or less moved back in and we now have a 2nd dd aged 10 wks and we are happierthan we've been for years. there are still some issues to resolve but it has been a good thing for us in the long run.
Some men do react badly to pg, especially if unplanned, but your dp may well come to his senses. I hope he does.x

beansprout Thu 17-Mar-05 11:06:20

How were things before your bfp busyalexsmummy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now