Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

something trivial really

(4 Posts)
Debra1981 Wed 29-Oct-08 16:52:38

I know I can't say or do anything about this, but I just felt I had to vent on an incident which defied logic to me. I took dd to her dad's in a pretty, clean, serviceable coat on saturday morning. On sunday morning he handed me said coat in it's original condition, and dd (2) wearing a coat I'd never seen before but looked like it used to be pink but was strongly discoloured all over a dingy yellow, which stunk of cigarette smoke. It was minging, and I just don't get why you would dress your child in something so filthy when a clean garment was available?

lou33 Wed 29-Oct-08 17:08:01

had he taken her somewhere her nice coat may have got dirty?

piratecat Wed 29-Oct-08 17:10:26

hmm bit odd. perhaps some well meaning person said , ooh i have a coat that will fit you?

My dd used to come home in ex's gf's dd's clothes, and dd's stuff would still be in her overnight bag.

Debra1981 Wed 29-Oct-08 17:48:15

it couldve been given, it didn't look 'new' new, but still. Don't think he's got a gf. If someone donated that to me I'd accept it graciously but wash it before using it, no question. I don't send other clothes as I was told a while ago quite curtly that they were not wanted, he had plenty for her. She does sometimes come home in stuff with a pre-loved look, which is fine, I put her in second-hand stuff too, but I make sure it's clean first! Like I said her normal coat was still fine, and not really knowing (not daring to ask) the dirt seemed quite penetrative. I would say it had been sat in a smokey pub for a while but of course they don't exist any more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now