Talk

Advanced search

Totally theoretical question about CSA.............

(9 Posts)
FAQ Sun 26-Oct-08 17:44:40

if I (the parent with care) were to start living with someone else, would that affect the amount of CSA that my exH has to pay??

NotDoingTheHousework Sun 26-Oct-08 17:45:41

Message withdrawn

yerblurt Sun 26-Oct-08 17:46:47

I wouldn't imagine so.

What's the current situation - is your ex on the 'old' CSA scheme (i.e. pays a percentage of his income).

XSA assessment is based solely on the 'non-resident parents' income.

FAQ Sun 26-Oct-08 17:47:06

no- just something I heard someone say the other day was just thinking about it now and I was sure it didn't make sense grin

Rosasmum Sun 26-Oct-08 21:13:53

I am pretty sure you can move in with someone and your maintenance wouldn't be affected. The figure is worked out on the non-resident parents income.

However If you were to stop receiving benefits because of moving in with someone, then your maintenance could go up

FAQ Sun 26-Oct-08 21:17:25

well it's not me (for starters I have no-one lined up to move in grin).

However the rules have recently changed so that even if you're on IS you get all of the maintenance paid to you, you get to keep £20 (instead of £10) and IS deducts your IS amount accordingly.

I thought they were talking utter bollocks - it didn't seem to make sense that them moving in with someone else would mean their exP would have to pay less money!

gillybean2 Mon 27-Oct-08 07:30:54

If you're on the old scheme then yes a new partners income could get taken into account.

On the new scheme (which everyone was supposed to quickly transfer over to but hasn't happened coz of the utter chaos at the CSA) it's irrelevant

mumofgraceiris Mon 27-Oct-08 19:18:19

my partner has a little girl from a previous relationship and pays his ex the full amount still even though she has a new partner.....hope this helped x

lilaclady1 Mon 03-Nov-08 18:51:02

hi please can anyone give me any advice on how how to get the CSA to get their finger out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have 3 children my eldest lives with my ex so i pay maintenance to him out of my measly wages as a part time waitress.
He is a weallthy self employed plumber and has paid nothing for over a year he has fiddled his tax and does private work for cash, so the stupid CSA says he has to pay me £204 a month! i have appealed but no luck I got one liability order against him for £981 which was for sept to dec 2007 and after bailiff action got it in oct over a year after his last payment ,now they say they have to take out another liabilty order against him for the other part and all the while the arrears are mounting up again he must be laughing his socks off!
Meanwhile my other young children are struggling like mad .
HELP(angry)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now