Advanced search

Humour me a bit.....

(7 Posts)
NotDoingTheHousework Sat 18-Oct-08 12:04:24

Message withdrawn

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 18-Oct-08 12:22:55

Message withdrawn

Lurcio Sat 18-Oct-08 12:30:12

AFAIK if he has not had contact for such a long time, then I don't think he would be granted access. I have a feeling that someone else in your position was told that 2 years was too long a gap for her X to then pick up contact. However this was 7+ years ago, so I am by no means up to date with this stuff, hopefully someone else will be able to be more definite.

Lurcio Sat 18-Oct-08 12:32:35

Also if he has a track record of sporadic contact with his other kids then that should be another mark against him.
Good Luck

NotDoingTheHousework Sat 18-Oct-08 12:37:51

Message withdrawn

Lurcio Sun 19-Oct-08 13:43:04

Just wanted to add that I suspect that his convictions for GBH and possession would also go against him, surely?
I think that you are right about causing them emotional damage.
I take it that he hasn't actually shown any inclination to see them? To be honest, he seems so self involved that the chances of him seriously persuing this would be fairly slim!

Debra1981 Wed 22-Oct-08 23:42:29

Just wanted to bump this for you in case someone knowing comes along really, but I would have thought that being on birth certificates and having been married to their mum, he may still have some right to Parental Responsibility.. he would have to do a lot of faffing through courts to force it, which doesn't sound likely, but they might suggest he build up contact gradually under supervision at first to rebuild a relationship with them? sorry, like I said I don't know for sure about this myself, hope someone else can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now