Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You know what we are, don't you?

(30 Posts)
TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Thu 16-Oct-08 23:44:43

According to the charming gentleman who I met today at work:

"Unmarried mothers of illegitmate children, getting loads of money off the state that should be going to hard-working decent people - as long as they're not wogs or nig-nogs". shock

"the dirty cows should all be rounded up & sent away somewhere with their little bastards". hmm hmm

All this delivered with a finger jabbing in my face for emphasis.

He also mentioned some "free houses" that we are apparently given as soon as we pop out a child. Of course one is more likely to qualify for such a luxury abode if one is black.

(I'm a social worker BTW. He is the husband of a client. Nice).

I want my free house!

angry

staysee Thu 16-Oct-08 23:50:12

OMG, did he really say that?! That's disgraceful!
But I must admit, there are A LOT of single mums out there who I see, holidays all over the place, gold dripping off them, them and the kids always in designer clothes and I wonder how they manage it when I struggle someweeks to pay bills and buy milk and bread!
(My mum said to me when I mentioned this that they propbably dont buy milk or bread and won't pay bills. That the gold and clothes are fake and the holidays are cheap crappy package deals like the ones you see on Holidays from Hell)

singledadofthree Thu 16-Oct-08 23:55:01

oooo free houses? i'll have one.
and can i pack in working 45 hours a week as i'm a single parent?
dont suppose he thinks the state pays my electric bill as well? its looking at me feeling all unpaid and neglected

FAQ Thu 16-Oct-08 23:57:00

<<<<<<<feels smug that she paid off all of the last quarters gas and electric bill today wink>>>>>>>.

But I wouldn't say no to the free house!

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Fri 17-Oct-08 00:00:56

Given that I work full time (most of it trying to help him & his wife at the moment) & get fuck all from the state - oh, apart from CB & the £3.82 tax credit that I'm due to receive on 1st December of course - I thought I managed to retain a remarkably dignified air of professional detachment.

Git grin

MissBegottenMoggy Fri 17-Oct-08 00:04:19

I started typing a rant about this but can't be arsed anymore.

He is just a worthless cretin and I hope he dies of gangrene of the arsehole...or mouth...can't tell the difference when they use words like 'wog' and 'nig-nog'.

Rarrrgghhhhhh!! angry

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Fri 17-Oct-08 00:10:08

<crosses fingers for impending arse-gangrene diagnosis>

singledadofthree Fri 17-Oct-08 00:11:42

arghh!!!

was in denial about my gas bill being hot on its heels...and ive read it and its £40 underestimated.
cant be arsed thinking about cretins - have enough as it is.

singledadofthree Fri 17-Oct-08 00:12:28

oh theres an image to go to bed with

solidgoldskullonastick Fri 17-Oct-08 00:13:31

What 'help' is he in need of, I wonder? Revolting rude individual though he sounds, is he a) in the grip of early dementia b) in some sort of constant pain and distress that makes him hate the world and imagine that eveyrone else is getting preferential treatment?

Of course, you could/should have the option of refusing to work on his case till he learns some manners...

FangolinaJolly Fri 17-Oct-08 00:18:11

What a tosser.Am not a SP but was an "Honorary" sp when dp hospitalised for nigh on 8 months last year,Was bloody hard,and only temporary,HATS OFF TO ALL YOU SP OUT THERE.

Ignore the tosser.He has no clue and is an ignorant git!

spookycharlotte121 Fri 17-Oct-08 00:22:51

Lol what a nice guy. Its a pity society has this opinion of single mums. Ok so Im 20 and I have 2 kids, yes I have a council house, yes I get the rent paid for me but I have carried on through both pregnancies at uni and have passed my foundation degree and am now doing my final degree yea. I would like that pleb to try and do that on his own with 2 kids..... then I might have 2 minutes to listen to his terrible racist comments.

PurplePumpkinWitchyOne Fri 17-Oct-08 01:30:58

I wouldn't even give the shitwipe the time of day trying to justify myself.....

Pass him my way. I'll knock him out with my right fist.. angry
People like this and their insular judgements, I have no time for.

Tosser.

TheMoistWorldOfSeptimusQuench Fri 17-Oct-08 08:30:22

Wow, well done SpookyCharlotte. That's no mean feat smile

No dementia - he's fine, a very fit 80 year old. But his wife has alzheimers & is in a nursing home at the moment. I'm trying to sort things out so that she can go home & they can spend the last few months of her life together sad She's really nice.

loobylugreen Fri 17-Oct-08 09:48:54

I want my free house too then!!!

I work 37 hours a week and bring up my daughter on my own with little help. I own my own place and don't get benefits but am still looked down on. It makes me so mad sometimes..

Seriously... give us a break!!!!

Onlyjoking Fri 17-Oct-08 10:02:08

if I had the energy I would have a rant,
Life is so rosy for me and the kids, the three kids have autism so we get DLA and a free car!
We also have had the motgage paid off and money in the bank, we are of to menorca for 2 weeks today, it's not all paid for by the tax payer, my husband died 4 months ago.
I still have to pay tax and did used to work as a SW and came across very similar attitudes, you don't always know peoples situation so you can't really judge.
We may look as thou we are lazy benefit scroungers the realty is rather different.

FAQ Fri 17-Oct-08 10:09:40

well I am one of those lazy benefits scroungers - I'm the work of the devil I am wink (still don't have my free house though hmm)

MrsMattie Fri 17-Oct-08 10:12:08

He sounds like a right charmer! hmm

I'm not a single mum, but was raised by one (a wonderful one!). I think the outpouring of bile you get from some quarters of society at single mums is just an excuse for woman-hating. The vast majority of single mums - and in fact, all lone parents - do an amazing job.

Your client's husband is a wanker.

mrsmortenharket Fri 17-Oct-08 10:16:25

free house? where?
lmao, i can't get help with deposit, so have to save up nearly a grand (just for a rental!)grin

smartiejake Fri 17-Oct-08 10:23:45

Sounds like a real Alf Garnett to me.
Unbelievable to hear such racist language. (Acually I think it's against the law now isn't it?)

What a charmer. I bet the women are all falling over themselves to attract this one. He sounds exactly like the sort of wanker who would get a girl pregnant and then leave her to fend for herself!

susia Sat 18-Oct-08 15:40:47

It's these attitudes that are believable. I am a single parent but used (before having my child) earn a very good wage, enough so that when I did have my son I had paid off my morgage for my London flat. I sold it and got enough to buy a house outside London.

So not having a morgage means I can work part time.

I know I am very fortunate in that I earn a good wage.

But I am a single parent and have never claimed any benefits in my life, own my own house and have never received (or asked for any money) from my ex.

But even so, I still get people who generalise about me. I know my SIL thinks I am a burden to my parents - which I am going to write a post on. Other people have made me feel that I am a bad parent because my son doesn't come from a two parent family etc...

spookycharlotte121 Sat 18-Oct-08 16:35:29

But it doesnt help that david cameron seems to be branding us as second class citizens who are breeding knife whealding thugs does it. Drives me mad!
Old people always have a bad opinion of single parents. When I told her me and my ex had split her first reaction was to what people would think.

witcheseve Sat 18-Oct-08 16:43:30

He's an ignorant bastard that is 'tarring every single mum with the same brush' (have I got that right). I'm surprised you gave his comments a second thought.

There are lots of couples that get 'a free house' and 'getting loads of money off the state' as there are single mums owning property and working full time.

Liffey Sat 18-Oct-08 18:17:09

Yeah I'd like a free house too.

Ingoramus.

mashedup Sun 19-Oct-08 17:34:56

The concept that single mothers get everything for free has been said for a long time. A person who lives near me used to bitch about me being a single parent, until her daughter became one grin. Now she is very nice to me, doesn't spread gossip about how I earn my living nor how I bring my kids up. The sad thing is that people don't know the truth and assume everything.
I work and have a car, PC, etc, as to do other people, but I've been asked if I got them free as I'm a single parent. I've also been told that 'people like me' don't have to pay rent, council tax, or vets bills. A relative of mine even told my mum that I would get a free holiday because I was a single parent.
I've been a single parent for 11 years and have heard all the above repeatedly. I've often been told that all I do is go shopping every day, I actually go to work every day.
The gossips in my area love to make up stories about me because I won't tell them anything. grin
I do this because they are interfering busybodies with nothing else to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now