Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone heard of free nurserys for few hours per week for 15month old?

(6 Posts)
cantpickyourfamily Mon 13-Oct-08 21:46:02

My doctor said she will look into it but has not come up with anything. I thought at this age the only way to send dd to nursery would be if I paid, but doctor said there may be a few free places in nurserys.

The thing is I can never plan appointments like dentist or getting my back sorted as never know when exp can look after dd as he works shifts.

Probably not likly but thought I would ask...

cantpickyourfamily Mon 13-Oct-08 21:47:49

Also how do any of you manage to get anything done with young dc's around?

I cannot imagine how difficult it will be to get a filling done with dd jumping all over me and she does not like doctors touching me so canot imagine how she will feel with all those drilling noises. I hate it myself.

LIZS Mon 13-Oct-08 21:49:18

Surestart ? In some circumstances you can get help for childcare but these are very limited and usually in situations of significant financial, emotional or physical difficulty.

LIZS Mon 13-Oct-08 21:50:08

You may find a childminder who could be flexible enough otherwise.

beansmum Mon 13-Oct-08 21:54:38

Could you pay for a childminder one day a week and make that your 'getting things done' day? I used to pay for ds to go to nursery one day a week before I realised that I never got anything done that I couldn't have done with him around.

cantpickyourfamily Mon 13-Oct-08 22:38:36

I am thinking of maybe sending dd to nursery or a childminder one and a half days per week so I can work one day and will then have some extra money to send her for the other half a day.

I think I would perfer a child minder as dd is quite clingly and feel a smaller enviroment might be better for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now