Talk

Advanced search

today i am feeling pleased with myself

(36 Posts)
onlyjoking9329 Sat 11-Oct-08 15:48:25

today i have single handedly taken apart the dining table and moved the table and six chairs in readiness for our new floor being fitted, and i have painted the outside front wall and the outside of the kitchen wall, i have done a reasonable job i think grin i am now grabbing a coffee before taking the kids to a party. then i have to work out how to set the timer on the DVD recorder

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Sat 11-Oct-08 15:50:14

well done you I have tried and failed to lay carpet tiles and have had to ring my mum to get her to help meblush
soenvy too at your capableness

artichokes Sat 11-Oct-08 15:50:35

That is amazing OJ. If I achieved that in a week I would be impressed with myself!

tangarine Sat 11-Oct-08 15:52:29

Well done you! You should be pleased with yourself! I followed your story but didn't post at the time as I didn't "know" you.

mrsmortenharket Sat 11-Oct-08 15:53:52

wow!!!!! well done oj xxx
i haven't got a dvd recorder (tho i do have a video recorder which doesn't work hmm) so no help with that (btw, tis i, fm!)

onlyjoking9329 Sat 11-Oct-08 15:57:01

it is more than i have done for ages but all these jobs are stacking up, it was odd doing the painting thou as steve was a painter & decorator, i can only imagine how horrified he would have been to see me painting probably with the wrong brush or doing something not quite to his proffessional standards wink

ladytophamhatt Sat 11-Oct-08 16:03:28

He's prob grinning from ear to ear OJ, watching you do such a great job!

onlyjoking9329 Sat 11-Oct-08 16:05:30

i have given up with the dvd recorder, i can't get it to work, its probably not tuned into the new TV, i am gonna miss X-factor and it is the only programme that i watch sad
well i had best take the kids to this pizza party.

mrsmortenharket Sat 11-Oct-08 16:09:09

lol at image of steve standing behind oj pointing out bits you miss grin or saying well done (OJ) xx

can you catch up with the repeats?

UnfortunatelyMurderedMe Sat 11-Oct-08 16:10:46

oj you can catch x factor on itv catch up online

mrsmortenharket Sat 11-Oct-08 16:12:12

i think the link is www.itv.com/online
have good evening xxx

mylittlepudding Sat 11-Oct-08 18:29:22

OJ - wow!!! Often I think wow, but very definitely today.

onlyjoking9329 Sat 11-Oct-08 19:24:14

phew i made it home grin

cheekysealion Sat 11-Oct-08 22:17:59

good for you...

I also had a very productive day...

weekly shop at 8am

2 trips to the tip

One new unit put together- it is very Lush and hide lots of clutter

and bike ride with little ones

then chip shop chips in front of telly smile

estuaryfairy Sat 11-Oct-08 22:34:25

OJ, Sky+ - you'll never have to do anything remotely televisually technological again. It's so easy, even my 16 m o DD managed to record The Backyardigans, though that could have been a fluke of toddler button pressing wink

onlyjoking9329 Sun 12-Oct-08 07:52:43

Chip shop sounds good.
We have an NTL box, the DVD recorder is ok to use but it is well over a year since I used it and I have forgoton how to set it up, I must find the instructions, thou it is always fun trying to guess where Steve put them.

Yorkiegirl Sun 12-Oct-08 07:55:22

Message withdrawn

unlikelyamazonian Sun 12-Oct-08 09:25:17

OJ you must be very proud of yourself. It's these small hurdles - domestic household things that the fella would have done - that mount up in the minds eye when you're coping with grief. Each chore brings back to me the fact that I am alone now..like getting the coal and logs in from garage, mowing the lawn, washing the car, replacing batteries in things, etc. But now I have done lots of them and so far not electrocuted myself or pulled any ligaments, I am chuffed.

I cannot work our DVD recorder at all either. The instructions are as long as the bayeux (sp??) bloody tapestry. exh did all that and the sad thing is there are downloaded movies of us with new baby at xmas on it, and I am not ready to see anything like that so almost daren't try and get it going.

Sky+ does sound the answer.

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 09:29:30

Good for you OJ!

I felt similar when I phones and organsed all the extra insurance cover for our Holiday week after next. Dh would always have done this in the past

Traceless Sun 12-Oct-08 09:31:33

Well done oj get you!

onlyjoking9329 Sun 12-Oct-08 09:33:14

of course I can do your painting for you yorkie I can bring 3 hellers, thou I fear it would cost you -- your-- sanity a lot in chocolate and coffee, it maybe cheaper to pay someone to do a proper job it for you.

onlyjoking9329 Sun 12-Oct-08 09:43:26

of course that should have said helpers blush it seems as time moves on I discover more things I miss, I am gonna have to get the chimney swept and order coal for our stove fire. It does feel like a kick in the teeth when you have to do stuff like sort out insurance, I still forget that there are 4 of us now and not 5, elliot insisted we buy an egg poacher that does 4 eggs cos we couldn't have one before for five of us.
I remember getting really cross and tearful as I couldn't get in the safe as Steve had changed the number and of course he had forgotten to tell me.

onlyjoking9329 Sun 12-Oct-08 09:46:39

where you off to Mb? How did last Saturday go, did Ds go with you to do the ashes?
We are off to menorca on Friday for two weeks of no paperwork phonecalls or inlaws grin

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 12:24:50

centreparcs in Holland

Taking MIL along (she is a hoot) and she is going to teach the kids to Ski (while I have a well earned break)

Blandmum Sun 12-Oct-08 12:25:42

oh and last week was tough, but OK (you know the feeling) ds didn't go, but dd did and I had my bro and his dd with me for company. didn't want a big fuss

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now