Talk

Advanced search

Just wanted to tell someone.............

(11 Posts)
Loobie Thu 03-Mar-05 15:34:36

But my baby started playgroup today and she loved it,i stayed with her so it wasnt too traunatic-for me not her!!she didnt even look at me in the corner of the room.
Just wanted to share this as as a lone parent the only thing i miss is not having anyone to share the good things with so thought id share them with you all.

HunkerMunker Thu 03-Mar-05 15:35:13

Oh bless her! Sounds like she's a sociable little thing - how cute!

Kayleigh Thu 03-Mar-05 15:35:26

aaaaah, that's lovely Loobie

DillyDally Thu 03-Mar-05 15:36:32

Hurrah!
Go jr Loobie
[as long as your baby isn't at my nursery and you are entering the easter bonnet competition]

cazzybabs Thu 03-Mar-05 15:36:40

Well done to you and your dd. Are the other mums (dads?) nice?

motherpeculiar Thu 03-Mar-05 16:08:09

pleased to hear that Loobie

she sounds well chilled

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Thu 03-Mar-05 16:09:13

Fantastic! Just shows what a good mum you are.

lilibet Thu 03-Mar-05 16:30:55

Bless!

How old is she - perhaps she was sharing mumsnet horror stories with the other mums
"do you know how many hours mine spends on there?"
"Ha!, that's nothing, mine doesn't do hours mine does days"

lilibet Thu 03-Mar-05 16:31:26

other children obviously

Earlybird Thu 03-Mar-05 16:59:04

Loobie - glad to know that she did so well. Playgroup is a huge step for any child, but these milestones are, I think, particularly significant for a single parent.

I remember when I took dd to playgroup the first time. There was a one way mirror on one wall of the room. I was so anxious that I stood and watched dd for the ENTIRE session after I left the room. None of the other mums did that, so I must have been particularly neurotic!

Anyway, well done on such a big day!

Loobie Fri 04-Mar-05 20:02:04

Thank you all for sharing my excitment.Dd is 2 past november so just a young 'un.Early bird i had to stay in the room with her but while i was outside filling in ofrms etc i couldnt talk to the women cause i was so busy watching dd through the window.I stay again with her next week then supposed to leave her,dont know if I'll manage that bit though .My best friend takes her dd too so i have someone to chat with,it was her who got me to take my dd,her dd is a huge handfull so shes desparate to get a break from her also she's only got 8 weeks till she drops no.4 so she loves the break,me I'm not so sure,everyone keeps telling me its good for her ......i know that but it's not for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now