Talk

Advanced search

Unreasonable behiour as reson for Divorce

(9 Posts)
FreeRadical Fri 03-Oct-08 15:41:41

Can anyone tell me what would count as unresonable nehaviour?

If I can demonstrate he is financially irresponsible?

If I can demonstrate he is virtually uninvolved with family life?

If I just say "he is a fucking arse" will that do?

I haven't filed. Am considering. I suspect he is too.

We both work full time. We don't a thing.

How will debt be divided? Som in my name. Some in his name. Some in both names.

LadySanders Fri 03-Oct-08 15:43:53

behaviour can be almost anything. it could be that he leaves his socks on the floor and you have to keep asking him to pick them up and put them in the laundry basket. you don't need to 'demonstrate' or prove it. "financially irresponsible and emotionally distant" would do it.

FreeRadical Fri 03-Oct-08 16:14:48

thanks.

Does anyone know what happens with debt?

Fluffybubble Fri 03-Oct-08 16:27:59

You may get some more replies on the legal section, am sure there are some family law people on here....

Also, you are usually able to make a free half an hour appointment with a solicitor, who will be able to outline these things for you, then you can make a considered decision.

When I decided to divorce my exh I also bought a book from Waterstones, which covered the legal process and was really useful.

Good luck with everything smile.

mistressmiggins Fri 03-Oct-08 20:17:05

I bought a book from Which? How to Divorce - its a good informative book.

I would go to CAB for some free advice or you can see a solicitor for 30 mins free of charge.

No advice on what constitutes unreasonable behaviour - my exH had an affair so it was easy.

Dioriffic Fri 03-Oct-08 20:18:10

Message withdrawn

tigerlili Wed 08-Oct-08 18:17:26

Havin just dvorced my ex on grounds of ureasonable behaviour, yes emotional distance and bein crap with money were in there! Dates are useful i have to say. ur only problem would be if he contested it. mine didn't agree but didn't contest ! Only didn't agree because he was worried about access to child.

I had a long list even him avoidin spendin time as a family to do his hobbies INSTEAD!

Debt wise i have kept mine and he has kept his.

It is soooooo worth it i am soo much happier and a few stone lighter without even tryin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is too short to be unhappy!

good luck!And a huge amount of hugs!!!!!!!!!!

MuthaHubbard Wed 08-Oct-08 19:12:36

just put my petition in and my u/b reasons include financial secrecy (borrowing money against house without telling me), lack of intimacy/unwilling to spend time with me, embarrassment, etc. He check it over before I put it in and was fine with it.

we are about to do a consent order to say that i'll keep the house and won't touch his pension and that any other debts are kept by those responsible.

only just put forms in but feel better already and he joked today that i should wrap up the absolute and give it to him for xmas!

fingers crossed!!!

this might help

tigerlili Wed 08-Oct-08 20:24:03

Don't Joke MuthaHubbard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That had crossed my mind LOL!!!!!(wrappin absolute up i mean! )
Respect for bein so civil, can only stand to text talk with my very soon imminent ex!!!!!!!!!!

Just waitin for court to rubber stamp it Woohoo!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: