Talk

Advanced search

lots of people in my daughters life

(8 Posts)
silverwater Wed 01-Oct-08 19:53:06

When you're a single parent don't you find things can revolve around either spending a lot of time with just yourself and your child, and then due to contact and everything all these other people become involved who often have different ideas to you about parenting!

gillybean2 Thu 02-Oct-08 10:33:27

My neighbour tells me how lucky I am not to have all these contact issues and problems with my ds's father, because he chooses to be completely uninvolved and we seperated before ds was even born.

I on the other hand think how great it is that my neighbour and her ex both love their children so much that they are prepared to fight for them.

I also sometimes wish I had the issues of what to do with myself on the days my ds should go to his dad's, because I never get a break and never get any me time and another single mum I know was saying she'd put up with just about anything her ex insists on (including going without any maintenance money from him) just to get her every other weekend or she'd go insane..

Grass is never greener on the other side in reality, just have to deal with what we get in life. Ex's are ex for a reason. If you could communicate, talk reasonably, and put decisions about he children above all else then they'd probably not be ex's.

lostdad Thu 02-Oct-08 10:46:01

True Gilly - but it's similar to marriage...it takes two to wed, but only one to divorce.

My ex usually refused to talk to me about out marriage and son before she left (although she did often to her mother)...so what's happening now is no real change.

silverwater Thu 02-Oct-08 23:33:41

hi there, i just posted that first message as a testing water thing, i've struggled on my own (having had severe post-natal depression) for years. Then recently made the utter heart-breaking decision to let my daughter go and live with her step mother and biofather(whom i have no contact with due to it having been an abusive relationship) and am trying to cope!

mrsmortenharket Fri 03-Oct-08 15:19:16

(((((sw)))))))))

silverwater Fri 03-Oct-08 23:11:45

mrsmortenharket i dont know what that means

RambleOn Fri 03-Oct-08 23:25:25

It means mrsmortenharket is sending you hugs smile

mrsmortenharket Sun 05-Oct-08 15:31:20

sorry smile xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now