Talk

Advanced search

what would you do?

(6 Posts)
surprisenumber3 Tue 30-Sep-08 14:30:33

DS1, 9, has an appointment at the dentist tomorrow, for a big filling, he usually has gas and air but the waiting list was too long so he has decided to be brave and go without.

Anyway, he wants his dad to take him. He dad said okay (which makes a change), and I thought it a good idea as he has had other minor ops and treatment lately which I have always taken him for. Also, I have DS2 who is 4 and he might get a phobia of the dentist if DS1 was to make a fuss. Also, I am pg and tearful and a state really!

But I was just thinking that his dad will have to have a day off work, drive 70 miles round trip and lose a days pay (money is tight for him at the moment), while I will be sat at home 5 mins from the dentist.

I have spoken to DS1 but he really wants his dad to take him.

What would you do?

TwoIfBySea Tue 30-Sep-08 14:36:41

Let his dad take him if that is what the poor lad wants (total sympathy as I had a filling a couple of weeks ago, it is not a pleasant experience at all!)

gillybean2 Tue 30-Sep-08 17:23:26

Let his dad take him if he is happy to do so. Also thank him for his help and say you know how much it means to ds1 for him to do this.

surprisenumber3 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:31:19

thanks both - he has just gone off to the dentist with his dad.

Now I've got to keep busy to stop from thinking what they're doing to the poor lad

surprisenumber3 Wed 01-Oct-08 13:58:23

well that's just great! They have just phoned me from the dentist and the dentist has been off and there wasn't enough time to do the treatment so they've put a temp filling and he has to go back in two months!!

TwoIfBySea Thu 02-Oct-08 19:49:14

Talk about prolonging the agony! Poor boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now