Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

x is now on fb

(14 Posts)
fransmom Wed 24-Sep-08 09:35:23

i realise that it is a public site but that was one of the few places that i felt safe, inthat he wouldn't know what i was saying etc and one of the few places that i would be guaranteed privacy. (how stupid and naive was i?) he was arrested for harrassment a couple of months ago, i wish i had never looked

belgo Wed 24-Sep-08 09:36:58

I would delete myself from facebook totally if I were you.

Nowhere on the internet is 100% safe.

tammybear Wed 24-Sep-08 09:37:48

I'm sorry to hear that fransmom But you can turn your profile private, so only your friends can see what you have on your profile, that way he can't be looking at anything you've written on there. x

fransmom Wed 24-Sep-08 09:38:15

how do i do that?

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 24-Sep-08 09:38:50

Message withdrawn

SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 24-Sep-08 09:38:52

yes - then again you can block him & only have your friends view what you say.

under the circs thou I think i'd delete it all together.

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 24-Sep-08 09:39:39

Message withdrawn

tammybear Wed 24-Sep-08 09:40:03

If you go onto facebook, at the top it says settings. Hover the cursor over that and you'll see Privacy Settings. Click on that, and then click on Profile at the top. Then it comes up with Profile, Basic Info etc with drop down boxes. Change these to Only Friends, and then noone but those you are friends with can see your profile.

fransmom Wed 24-Sep-08 09:58:18

done and dusted. and his friends.

thank you all very much xxx

piratecat Wed 24-Sep-08 10:04:37

i found mine the other day too, i hated the fact he could even see my profile picture. I have now blocked him, his partner and anyone else on his friends list that used to know us.

Just felt uncomfortable. I too also put my settings so that noone other than my freinds, cansee my friends list!!

waites Wed 24-Sep-08 18:27:41

Hi,

You might want to put your usernames, email addy into a google search and see if that brings up any messages that you post on sites.

That is if your worried about ex's etc finding stuff out about you and they have your usernames etc.

Facebook is ok, so long as you have the privacy settings on, which I do especially as my daughter and her friends also have accounts.

fuzzywuzzy Wed 24-Sep-08 18:34:26

put your security settings up high, and make sure your email address is one he does not know so he cant find you like that...I'd also delete mutual friends....

zmandaz Wed 24-Sep-08 20:34:35

I too found my ex on fb and blocked him, just wish i'd blocked his friends and family too as i can't find them now but i've made it so that only my friends can see my profile pic and access my profile. I use fb alot to keep in contact with friends and I'm damned if I'm going to stop on his account!

fransmom Thu 25-Sep-08 09:09:57

me too zmandaz! he turned out to be a controlling swine when i look back on things - why should i let him stop me using fb when it's the only way i can talk to some of my old school mates?hmm it would be another method of control then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now