Advanced search

Question about maintenance.........

(12 Posts)
HappyMumof2 Mon 21-Feb-05 19:20:44

Message withdrawn

Mosschops30 Mon 21-Feb-05 19:45:43

Message withdrawn

Freckle Mon 21-Feb-05 20:07:34

I hope you have declared the voluntary maintenance to the benefits agency. If not, you could be done for benefit fraud and that it is not a nice place to be.

HappyMumof2 Mon 21-Feb-05 20:49:28

Message withdrawn

Bonkerz Mon 21-Feb-05 20:54:46

Just a point (im not judging you!) My ds dad never paid a penny in maintenance but every other week he would send a pack of nappies with his mum for ds. When we got into a row about visits he decided to tell IS that he has been supplying nappies and they took £3 a week out of my IS to compensate for this!!! Im just saying that if things change between you and ds dad that he may declare the things he has been buying for ds and IS will count this towards his maintenace payments.

Bonkerz Mon 21-Feb-05 20:57:02

They could also order you to pay the overpayment back. It really isnt worth getting into trouble for. Stop the voluntary payments and tell CSA where to contact him so it can all be sorted. You may only get £10 a week but the rest will go into a bank account and you get that money when you start work! (thats how it was when i came off IS!)

nikkim Mon 21-Feb-05 21:09:48

I would stop the voluntary payments as they are that volunatary so you can't rely on them, much better of with the csa who let you keep the first ten punds anyway don't they you are not living your life worrying about it then.

My ex made voluntary payments while the CSA were chasing him, I was on IS while these payments were made but was advised that as I was being supported by the state any backpayment he owed would be paid back to the state which was fair enough.

nikkim Mon 21-Feb-05 21:11:01

And yes you keep all the money, taxc credits are not interested in your maintenence - another reason why it may as well be legit.

nikkim Mon 21-Feb-05 21:11:44

got a bit confused by the ten pounds sorry, thought he was giving you £10 a week!

HappyMumof2 Mon 21-Feb-05 21:20:26

Message withdrawn

Freckle Mon 21-Feb-05 23:29:42

Um, your first post said that he was paying voluntary maintenance. No mention that this was in the form of gifts.

And yes, my family buy my children presents, but then I'm not on benefits so it's of no interest to anyone else.

And my post was meant kindly, so no need to get snippy.

nikkim Mon 21-Feb-05 23:49:59

When I was on benefits my ex paid declared voluntary payments but he also bought her clothes etc which I did not declare, although never hid it either - just never really entered my head to declare it. But he didn't give gifts instead of maintenance - maybe that is when it needs to be declared.

How many times can I fit declare in one paragraph???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: