Talk

Advanced search

did anyone else feel like crying today at all the happy parents in the school playground

(22 Posts)
zookeeper Wed 03-Sep-08 16:31:05

I felt so alone and sorry for myself today and sorry for my ds that his parents had separated.

Have cheered up a bit but was I the only one?

kikid Wed 03-Sep-08 16:52:12

i'm sure you were not the only one!

don't feel sad, your ds has a lovely mum to care for him. Hard these times but you are not alone.smile

kyrasmummy Wed 03-Sep-08 17:02:49

Yep i did!
DD's first day today and after promising to come for weeks he let her down yet again.

zookeeper Wed 03-Sep-08 17:17:40

thanks - on a bit of a downer about it all recently

addledbrain Wed 03-Sep-08 21:19:44

I'm crying just thinking about it. It was my DDs first day at nursery today and its occasions like that which really bring it home that I'm on my own.

zookeeper Wed 03-Sep-08 21:49:11

I know Addlebrain - it's hard but there mus t be loads of us.

when I was with DP and things were bad I often felt alone then. sad

onlyjoking9329 Wed 03-Sep-08 21:52:18

i cried all the way home, so you are not alone.

ninah Wed 03-Sep-08 21:56:20

crying with relief school has started again wink

citronella Thu 04-Sep-08 11:58:14

I felt a lump in my throat but not because of that. Most of the parents there were the mums anyway so it didn't really notice and ds was far too busy meeting up with his little cronies again.
Try not to let it worry you too much.

ambercat Thu 04-Sep-08 16:42:43

I cried on the way home from school as the couple in front of me were holding hands and looked so happyenvy sad

FlightAttendent Thu 04-Sep-08 16:50:47

I hated every day at school as a single parent.
I felt like a freak. Partly that is just me..
but it didn't help. Everyone seemed so organised, so 'included' - they all had friends.
I'm not sure why but it seemed all way above my head. I think maybe when there are two parents people feel like a family, while when there is just you, it's so much harder to.

OJ sorry you had a bad time of it xx

chipmonkey Thu 04-Sep-08 17:07:40

ambercat, they probably had a massive fight later and will be divorced in two years!

FA, I have dh and am neither organised nor included so you can join my gang!

FlightAttendent Thu 04-Sep-08 17:10:11

Thanks Chip grin

cargirl Thu 04-Sep-08 17:13:41

I was late to collect on the first day!!! Okay so they are year 1 & 2 not reception but I am so disorganised!

allgonebellyup Thu 04-Sep-08 19:40:11

i felt sad too.

my ex did come for ds' first day, but we stood about 10 feet apart and ds kept asking why i didnt hold his and his dads hand! sad

Everyone else seemed all happy and coupley!

Janni Thu 04-Sep-08 19:42:15

I'm really sorry to hear this and I bet lots of the parents were putting on a show of togetherness that wasn't necessarily genuine.

allgonebellyup Thu 04-Sep-08 19:43:26

i think i was just extra sad for myself at having to be there with ex whilst im still pining for him, and knowing he doesnt love me any more.

retiredgoth Thu 04-Sep-08 19:57:07

....did shed a few (very manly) tears. My AS 11 year old tottering off for his first day at senior school alone (it's only a very short distance)

Couldn't accompany as I had 3 younger ones to deliver to two other schools.....

Wish I could have gone with him on his first day, but 'Tis only me, and I cannot expect two 7 year old boys to walk a mile to school alone!

Blandmum Thu 04-Sep-08 20:00:52

sympathy to all, esp retired goth. hard knowing how much you OH would want to share the stories, isn't it? Dh would have been so proud of both of of mine.

zookeeper Fri 05-Sep-08 00:26:01

lol at yuor profile RG - you sound a hoot grin

citronella Fri 05-Sep-08 11:57:26

Zookeeper, how are you feeling now? Was it any better today and yesterday?

zookeeper Fri 05-Sep-08 13:42:11

Yes thanks - I am better today but very up and down - I'm trying to follow my own advice and think positive etc. I have ongoing issues with ex dp re money and his attitude that still aren't resolved and can overwhelm me sometimes but it passes.I 've just got to learn how to deal with him without letting him get me down

Onwards and upwards as they say

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now