Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

the responsibilty of having an ill child is overwhelming at times!

(11 Posts)
nightowl Sun 20-Feb-05 21:08:54

do you ever feel like this? dd has suddenly been so ill today and i wish a had another opinion..ie her dad. i admit i get paranoid because ds was always so ill and at times i thought i was losing him. when baby gets ill i could murder her dad for not being around. i know im paranoid now and wish that there was someone around to either say "yes, lets take her to the doctors" or "shes ok, weve seen her like this before". i dont know if im a neurotic over the top mother or just trying to stop a bad situation before it starts. i hate having to be the one to decide if she is poorly or not. rant over!

WideWebWitch Sun 20-Feb-05 21:10:24

I'm not on my own and I still find it hard when one of them is ill, horrible isn't it? Sympathy and I hope your chick is better soon.

maisystar Sun 20-Feb-05 21:13:23

know exactly what you mean.

um... i try to trust my instincts but yes sometimes a second opinion would be good.

whats wrong with dd, can i be your second opinion?

Tinker Sun 20-Feb-05 21:15:08

Lots of sympathies nightowl, remember this feeling very clearly. Making that phonecall to gp's at 4.00 am is very lonely.

HappyMumof2 Sun 20-Feb-05 21:25:39

Message withdrawn

pepsi Sun 20-Feb-05 21:27:40

Hope DD is better soon. What are the symptons? My dd has been ill today too, just lying on the bed and sleeping a lot. It doesnt always help having dh/dp there. Mine is home today suffering from some bug too. I asked him "oh what do you think is wronng with her". His reply.."Well she's ill". Very helpful.

mummylonglegs Sun 20-Feb-05 21:47:33

It must be awful for you nightowl. Dd's been ill for a couple of weeks now, really quite poorly, and during that time I've kept thinking how would I cope with this if I was on my own. You're doing great. I hope she feels better tomorrow.

nightowl Sun 20-Feb-05 22:40:50

shes had a cold for over a week but been teething too (got her first tooth yay!) so not sure how the two are related. but today she was just afwul, limp, floppy, no crying (which is unusual for my stroppy madam) just whining and sleeping. i had never seen her like this..then she went purple around the mouth...very scary indeed! we did get an appointment at drs and he doesnt seem worried. she brightened up a little later on but was still very sleepy, shes in bed now.

maisystar Mon 21-Feb-05 20:31:59

how is she today nightowl?

LIZS Mon 21-Feb-05 20:47:49

You poor thing nightowl. I hope she has improved by now and cannot believe that a gp wouldn't take it more seriously. dd had bronchiolitis at 3 months with similar symptoms (triggered by a common cold virus)and it is really common at this time of year. If she loses colour again or wheezes go straight back.

I've got 2 kids with flu whilst dh is away on business and I'm recovering myself, but at least I know I've only got to make it to Thursday.

Wishing you and dd all the best for a speedy recovery.

nightowl Tue 22-Feb-05 01:41:39

thanks for posts, shes much better today. still a "snotty" baby but talking and shuffling around. more her stroppy self in fact! she has let me cuddle her though so shes obviously not completely well yet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now