Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New here, Hello!! Have you any advice?

(2 Posts)
littlepixie Mon 01-Sep-08 09:44:57

Hi there!
I'm new to mumsnet and a soon to be lone parent. I seem to be stuck in a little bit of a catch 22 to do with housing and wonder if anyone out there can help.
I am planning to move out from my H with my two DD'S and because I have been a SAHM I have no job. At the moment I am applying to any jobs that come up but not having any luck, I have been out of the job market for 8 years! Moving out would mean that I can make a claim for housing benefit but I can't find any landlords that accept this. I have been told by CAB that by moving out of my current home I would be making myself homeless and therefore could not apply for social housing. Has any one out there got any advice? I live in Shoreham, West Sussex and wonder if anyone knows of any "benefit friendly" landlords. My situation with H is becoming unbearable and really screwing up my head, need to move out asap!

MrsSnorty Mon 01-Sep-08 10:44:30

Take legal advice about whether you need to move out or H could be made to do so. Most solicitors will see you for a free half hour initial consultation. Sorry - it's all a bit gruesome but worth finding out about.
Welcome to mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now