Talk

Advanced search

Smoking round the kids....

(7 Posts)
undercovercat Sun 31-Aug-08 16:48:24

The kids keep coming back from XPs stinking of fags.
So fecking selfish.
Am thinking of telling the kids to cough like they are dying in the back seat if he lights up.
I asked him last, last weekedn not to. And dd2 popped into get something and stunk my house out

goingslowlymad Sun 31-Aug-08 16:50:45

his children, his choice I'm afraid.

It isn't against he law, it's just unhealthy and unpleasant.

Iwanttobreakfree Sun 31-Aug-08 21:00:41

Message withdrawn

undercovercat Sun 31-Aug-08 21:22:46

dd2 does have a dodgy chest and he knows it. You can smoke and not have it wafting up the kids noses.
I have asked them to feign dying next time.
TBH if he was smoking in the flat with them I wouldnt let them go at all, it is, for now just in the car.
I am hoping dd2 theatrical side will guilt trip into him pulling over.
www.whyquit.com for you Iwanttobreakfree

Leslaki Sun 31-Aug-08 21:25:15

Same here - ex smokes in front of kids altho he knows ds (6) has asthma and dd (5) is dram queen who coughs repeatedly and says she is allergic tosmoke. he sees it as a way of getting to me I'm afraid. His kids health doesn't matter to heim - they had 2 Mcd's happy melas for lunch and dinner yesterday! Prat!

terrier141 Mon 01-Sep-08 08:57:30

My ex also smokes around our children - my dd has almost died of an asthma attck - but apparently Im a drama queen for asking him to smoke outside! Selfish bastard!!

BobDowne Mon 01-Sep-08 15:08:03

My ex smokes in the car too with the kids. I have asked him several times not to, so have the boys, but makes no difference. Think he does do it to annoy me, says it's none of my business now what he does! I say oh yes it is if it affects the children!angry

He once said during one of our 'please don't smoke around the kids' conversations that there was actually no medical evidence to prove that passive smoking is harmful. hmm

What an arse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now