Talk

Advanced search

SOOO angry at xp. he really is a *()&$"£^_)"&*^&%^£$_)";_+$&*+£^&_

(11 Posts)
Mamazon Wed 27-Aug-08 11:20:35

It is DD's birthday on the 18th and DS's on the 22nd of next month.

I have already got DS a PSP for his birthday as he has been banging on about it for about 2 years now. i hate the idea of him being "plugged in" so young but he is ASD and to be honest he seems to spend so much time on his own i figure its only fair he gets something that he wants rather than pushing my own desires onto him iyswim.

DD is getting a bike a dolly and pram (I got a bargain on the bike so used the extra saving to get the dolly and pram...so it all add's up to the same amount spent)

Well i just got a text of the (&Y£$_("*$ telling me thathe has bought DS a PSp and DD a PRam set.
angry

I gave him a list of things that the children would appreciate for their birthday and specifically told him what i had bought.

I text back saying that i had already bought these items so please could he exchange them.

he has just replied " no. mum bought the stuff and she can't find the recepit. you will have to take back what you got"

I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM.

beanieb Wed 27-Aug-08 11:24:29

Call his mum! tell her that you have already bought these things and though you know she can't find teh receipt she should be able to take them back with a bank statement or to take them back and exchange them.

be firm.

Mamazon Wed 27-Aug-08 11:26:33

Oh no trust me he is doing this on purpose. his mother is a bigger bitch than he is twunt (she watched him knock seven bells out of me and then walked out saying "im not standing here to watch you wind him up like this" )

he knows that the PSP is what ds really wants so that's why he wants to be tehone to get him it.
DD's pram set was probably the one that is on sale at wollies at £20.

can you tell he favours DS?

Saturn74 Wed 27-Aug-08 11:31:21

Hmmm... how very irritating.

Would it be worth giving the children their presents from you early, so they can benefit from them during the remainder of the summer holidays?

Don't get involved with the issue with Ex-P, but clearly there would be no point in him giving presents to the children that are duplicates of the ones they are already playing with.

That way, the children don't know about his silly behaviour, and the ball is left in his court - without you having to contact him or his mother about the situation.

tokentotty Wed 27-Aug-08 11:32:17

Just what I was going to say. Can you 'get in there first' as it were ??

Saturn74 Wed 27-Aug-08 11:32:47

Oh, and if ex-MIL can't find the receipt for the PSP, she could take it into Game, sell it to them, and they will give her a card with store credit.
DS could then use that to buy games for his PSP console.

Mamazon Wed 27-Aug-08 11:32:52

I could do humph.

but then i would feel bad as they wouldn't recieve anything on their actual birthday. I certainly wouldn't be able to afford to get anything else.

beanieb Wed 27-Aug-08 11:33:48

so what if he is doing this on purpose. Call her. Tell her they already have the things she has bought. Stand up to them. He is your ex and you can't allow him to do this. CALL HER!

Mamazon Wed 27-Aug-08 11:34:03

OOH excellent idea about gamne Humph.
The prices of games is horrific so i was hoping someone would give him money so that he could get some. this would be a perfect solution.

now to try and persuade them hmm

Saturn74 Wed 27-Aug-08 11:37:22

Explain to the children that as they have been so good lately, they could have their birthday presents early.
Tell them that that they will need to remember on their birthdays that they have already had their presents from you.
And remind them again just before their birthdays.

NotDoingTheHousework Wed 27-Aug-08 11:39:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now