Talk

Advanced search

I really do like the peace and quiet when the kids arent here

(12 Posts)
charliecat Tue 26-Aug-08 19:31:17

It is really really really nice...

pinguthepenguin Tue 26-Aug-08 19:36:59

I blardy love it.blush Why do I rarely say that aloud though?

charliecat Tue 26-Aug-08 19:38:47

I am listening to the bathroom fan, Normally I cant hear it for ...well the noises of small people, cutting, arguing, barking DS dogs, sorting of lego...this is ..Oh its lovely. They will be back in an hour, but I am LOVING this hour...

brightwell Tue 26-Aug-08 19:40:10

I must admit I like having the house to myself while dc go to their dad. I make a point of tidying up and the house stays tidy and peaceful all week (when they go for a week) by about day 4 I start to miss them and by day 6 really want them home....however within 1/2 an hour of them being home.......!!

ElenorRigby Tue 26-Aug-08 21:00:10

DP's ex loves the quiet too, she will not have seen their DD for nearly 2 weeks!
"DSD" was/is missing mum

Pinkchampagne Tue 26-Aug-08 21:10:56

I love it too! My boys have been with their dad since lunchtime, and are home tomorrow lunchtime. It has been nice & peaceful, and I have had grown up programmes on the TV!!

dragonstitcher Tue 26-Aug-08 21:44:53

Oh, thank you! Thank you! lol I have been feeling so guilty about not missing the kids when they go to their Dads!

I love them, but the lack of noise, shouting, fighting and whinging is heaven!

charliecat Tue 26-Aug-08 22:12:39

Elenor, im sure your dsds um misses her too!
I like the peace, but I wouldnt swap my dds for it. Its just NICE sometimes, not having to talk to anyone, not being disturbed, tidying a room and walking back into it and its STAYS THE SAME is something that will never fail to give me pleasure..!

IllegallyBrunette Tue 26-Aug-08 22:13:35

I do too, but oddly not of an evening, which is stupid as they;d be in bed anyway.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 26-Aug-08 22:14:15

Oh CC, I have linked to the pics on another thread by the way.

charliecat Tue 26-Aug-08 22:15:02

Ok Will stalk them down! Is blokey in any of them?

chunkychips Tue 26-Aug-08 22:15:45

It's lovely. Why feel guilty? Everyone needs a rest and some peace and quiet, surely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now