Talk

Advanced search

Feeling so alone!

(8 Posts)
juliec26 Mon 25-Aug-08 20:23:48

My h moved out a week ago and I had a very bad day yesterday couldn't stop crying, didn't get out of bed just wanted to see him and have my normal life back - I'm now lying in bed as sitting downstairs on my own seems to make me feel more alone! Its my birthday tomorrow and I am dreading it as worried it will make me feel even worse! DD (2) is so loving, but her constant asking for daddy is breaking my heart!! x

greenandpleasant Mon 25-Aug-08 20:31:03

oh sweetheart it is crappy isn't it. do you have family or friends around for your bday? even meeting for a coffee or a walk in the park, get some fresh air and change of scene.

i don't know all the background sorry but things will get better one way or another - just the painful bit to get through first which is horrible.

mn is here for you when the loneliness gets too bad. it's a bit of a lifesaver for me in the evenings.

juliec26 Mon 25-Aug-08 20:39:08

family and friends are being fantastic and think I will perhaps just go to the park or do something with dd.. my dad has arranged a meal out for us all in the evening and my H wants to babysit for me, but I scared to face him as I know I will go out have a few glasses of wine. come home and then he will go and I will be left feeling alone and hurt all over again! I just feel like I don't know what to do for the best and fed up of spending all my time thinking about x

greenandpleasant Mon 25-Aug-08 20:41:41

sounds like you are being brave and practical. can someone come home with you tomorrow evening and stay until H leaves, or overnight? you are v sensible to know that if you have a couple of drinks then come back to see him there you will probably not be in a good frame of mind to deal with it all.

do make sure you plan something for the day, even if it is a park trip with dd, but decide now to do it ... so easy to lurk in bed thinking you will get up "in a minute" and find the day has gone and left you feeling even more rubbish. get yourself a big cake / cookie / iced bun and a coffee or tea somewhere nice and treat yourself.

juliec26 Mon 25-Aug-08 20:48:11

I have lovely friends who I am sure will be round at some point tomorrow to see me so yes think big cake and lots of tea is in order! maybe I will get H to have dd at my mums then that way I don't have to see him - oh god its so hard!! it drains me to the point I am ready to sleep now and its only 8.50! Thank u GAP

greenandpleasant Mon 25-Aug-08 20:53:53

sleep is good ... get as much as you can. night night.

forevercleaning Wed 27-Aug-08 12:27:59

hi juliec26, just did a quick search to see if you had been on mn and spotted this. Sorry, I missed it, but hope you managed to get through your birthday ok?

It will get easier, keep posting and hopefully you wont feel so lonely x

juliec26 Wed 27-Aug-08 19:04:47

Hi FC - Birthday wasn't too bad thanks - decided to not drinks lots of wine so that I went home in a good frame of mind! H looked after dd and then went as soon as I got home - wants us all to go out for dinner tomorrow night???? I just have no idea what goes through his head!! going to try and stay up later than 830pm tonight x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now