Talk

Advanced search

Im excited about my future need to share

(6 Posts)
bluebell1 Sat 23-Aug-08 19:38:08

I had a interview in a beauty salon today I have been a beauty therapist for ten years and the money is rubbish and the hours long.However, i am really struggling on benefits since losing my job in march and have tried for so many other jobs but as beauty is all i have ever done i havent even got to interview stage when applying for anything else.

I had planned to go to college and do a child care course but i have been panicking about how i will cope on benefits.

My interview today has confirmed though that i really want to do my course and beauty is not where i want to be anymore.I am so looking forward to my new career i plan to eventually become a teacher.My boys and i will struggle on benefits but im sure we will cope.Anyway i just wanted to share my excitement.grin.

poshtottie Sat 23-Aug-08 20:20:37

Good for you. Just keep believing in your dream and you will do it.

beansmum Sat 23-Aug-08 20:25:55

Good luck! You will cope and it'll be much easier if you have something to aim for and know you're not going to be struggling on benefits forever. I'm moving to NZ and starting uni next year, so I know how exciting it is to finally know what you want to do with your life and actually start making it happen. I hope it all works out for you!

bluebell1 Sat 23-Aug-08 20:58:58

Thank you bothsmile.Its amazing how much confidence can be gained by escaping a bad relationship and how much more determination in life is gained having children.

Beansmum wow NZ.Do you have family there?

beansmum Sat 23-Aug-08 21:54:43

Nope, I grew up there but all my family are in the UK now. I'm scared, and not looking forward to being ridiculously poor for the next 5 years, my student allowance will be tiny, but it'll be worth it.

make sure you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to, I've been on benefits since I had ds and tbh have not really struggled, it seems to be plenty.

bluebell1 Sun 24-Aug-08 10:21:30

Gosh you are so brave.What an amazing thing for you to do.Im 100 per cent sure you wont regret a minute of it.

Benefit wise i get income support,housing benefit and tax credits.Im pretty sure thats everything im entitled to.I will get my childcare paid for by the college as well so i cant really complain.

I just struggle a bit when it comes up to things like change of season as i know soon the boys will need new coats,shoes etc.I know there are people worse off though and in the long run once all my study is complete we should be able to live comfortably.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now