Talk

Advanced search

Am I mad?

(7 Posts)
MUMDONEGOOD Wed 20-Aug-08 19:45:32

Has anyone had the green eyed monster rear its ugly head for ex and gf/new wife. I am so jealous of ex as he has found someone he loves. I don't know how to cope with the bank holiday coming up as I keep imagining them having fun together and me alone.

misi Wed 20-Aug-08 22:37:56

if it helps, think of me on monday, it will be yet another bank holiday I don't see my son (I have never been 'allowed' to see my son on any bank hol since separation and even when together, my ex used to bugger off to her mums while she left me to open our shop on most bank hols). so I will be sitting here, feeling sorry for myself, no son, our dog died this morning so I will not even have someone here to keep me company or be constantly bugging me to take him on a long walk through the local farms.

(sorry, feeling very low tonight)

your time will come if that is what you are looking for, you will meet a man who deserves your company and you will be the happier for it if it is what you want.

repeat after me;

I am better than this, I have just not found the right person yet who deserves me, I can be happy no matter what, I am a wonderful person and excellent mother.

MUMDONEGOOD Thu 21-Aug-08 08:02:41

Thanks Misi, sorry to hear about your dilemma and your dog. I keep repeating the last sentence but hasn't sunk in yet. I'm very low this morning, not sure why guess that is how it will be for a while. All I want is a proper family. I have been searching for this for years and it still hasn't happened. Yet he has women falling at his feet.

misi Thu 21-Aug-08 12:05:10

I know what you mean, I only want that family ideal too.
sounds like he is a charmer without substance to me. your time will come and it will all that you want it to be. you sound like me too, a bit wary and a bit picky. (that sounds awful but it is where you subconsciously avoid anyone that has any similarities to your ex which is often most people as for me, every woman is female, just like my ex grin).

can you arrange to visit, go out or something with a friend, family member or kids?

also when you recite your new mantra, remember, that all on the surface may not be what it seems. your ex had a wonderful wife and kid (s) yet he is now with someone else. if he left, then his new wife may be in the same position as you one day and he may be getting cold feet etc now, if you left, then you must know you are better off without him and it was his loss and that his new wife may just be a substitution or replacement for you and so he may not really be happy.

if you think and look hard enough, you can always find positives, I can't say too much as I am having trouble finding these at the moment but believe that something will turn up, good will emerge and more often than not, it will and in the most unexpected places.

K8y Thu 21-Aug-08 12:23:33

mumdonegood - no, you are not mad. It's an honest and natural way to feel.

Hope you get through it.

(((hugs)))

Katy
x

MUMDONEGOOD Thu 21-Aug-08 20:58:51

Thanks both of you. It really helps being able to honestly air views. Friends are a bit fed up and have the 'perfect' family unit and family don't understand.

Will be thinking of you Misi over the bank holiday. Try and keep your chin up. There are positives to everything and we just have to keep telling ourselves that there are, one day it will all sink in and we will actually believe it.

Hugs to both of you.

misi Thu 21-Aug-08 23:06:31

back at you mumdonegood smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now