Talk

Advanced search

New to this board, but so glad I found you all!!!

(7 Posts)
Angela28Jason Tue 19-Aug-08 22:22:42

Hiya, I really dont know if there is a particular page to be posting this, but I'm so glad I found this forum! I'm 28 and a single mum to my 6yr old boy and get so bored at night that I would love to talk to other people in the same situation! It's really hard sometimes just to connect to people when you can't venture out at nights cause you have a wee one in bed. After reading some of the other posts I hope I can give my input on other peoples issues, and hope to meet like minded people and give any advice I can. I was a member of another singleparents forum once but it wasnt the best experience.

If I have posted in the wrong place could someone advise me if there is a "Newbies page"

Angela x

piratecat Tue 19-Aug-08 22:24:57

hiya, there isn't really a newbies page. Here is a good place to start tho, everyone here has some amazing tales to tell, of battling for thier kids, and also of how to cope being alone. We all know here how lonely it can get.

welcome.

eyeballs Tue 19-Aug-08 22:26:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tortoise Tue 19-Aug-08 22:28:13

Hello.Welcome to MN.
I am a single mum too. I have 4 kids. Two boys 11 and 8 and two girls 4 and 5!
I spend every most evenings on MN just for some company.

gillybean2 Tue 19-Aug-08 22:29:13

Hi Angela, welcome to the boards.

I'm glad I found this place too

Angela28Jason Tue 19-Aug-08 22:40:57

Aw thanks for making me feel welcome!

Tortoise...hats off to you! You must be superwoman, I could never do what you do! I can just about cope with one.

Thanks again,

Angela

tortoise Tue 19-Aug-08 22:54:49

It isn't so hard really. I think we are all great managing alone. We have to learn to cope and it is getting easier now the boys are older.

Your DS is very cute btw. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now