Talk

Advanced search

I need a hobby.. something I can do alone, in the evenings..

(18 Posts)
MascaraOHara Tue 12-Aug-08 22:09:50

I AM BORED!!!!!

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 22:10:58

Apart from the obviousgrin?

anorak Tue 12-Aug-08 22:11:25

Learn a language
Cross-stitch
Cardmaking

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 22:11:27

(sorry - that's not really very helpful, is itblush).

MascaraOHara Tue 12-Aug-08 22:11:52

I know <snurk> couldn't help laugh at myself.

anorak Tue 12-Aug-08 22:12:20

Trace your family tree
Scrapbooking
Knitting

JackieNo Tue 12-Aug-08 22:13:26

Listen to anorak - she's being helpful, and not making sarky comments like I amgrin.

anorak Tue 12-Aug-08 22:13:27

Learn a new skill - distance learning
Enter competitions

anorak Tue 12-Aug-08 22:14:08

don't Jackie, you make me sound such a square grin

Dottydot Tue 12-Aug-08 22:14:50

Make Christmas presents..! grin

I've done fluffy scarves for the women, hats for the men, bracelets and necklaces for all in previous years - all starting around now and finishing on Christmas Eve!

Not sure what I'm going to do this year but having a target is quite good for me to get motivated.

Have to say beading's probably the most addictive - buy a few packets of beads and some elastic thread and you're away! smile

Dottydot Tue 12-Aug-08 22:15:57

ooh, but I really want to go line dancing this year (not that that makes good Christmas presents). Did it at Centreparcs on holiday and had a fantastic time - nearly wet myself laughing at dp's complete lack of co-ordination blush grin

gillybean2 Wed 13-Aug-08 12:53:32

Someone posted in Arts and Crafts a while ago asking for ideas for a new hobby. Perhaps take a look in there?

TwoIfBySea Thu 14-Aug-08 00:39:36

I do cross-stitching. Started while still with the ex as it was lonely back then too!

It sounds very old-ladyish but it isn't and once I get into it I don't think of things. Which is good, very good.

Leek Thu 14-Aug-08 00:55:46

Why don't you put together a photobook (like this), I've been sorting through photos with the idea of doing one each year, takes ages and is great fun remembering all the things we did.

SuperBunnyisUnderRated Thu 14-Aug-08 01:17:01

I've done a photo book too - took ages.

Also, crocheting, baking & volunteer stuff that I can do at home.

I used to do online surveys but they are boring and pointless.

TheDevilWearsPrimark Thu 14-Aug-08 13:14:23

Take up dressmaking?

I taught myself with books from the library. You can get really cheap sewing machines and material etc.

At the moment I'm busy adapting charity shop bargains that aren't quite right, including a fab knee length red wool coat (£2!)

Mercy Thu 14-Aug-08 13:17:10

What sort of things are you interested in?

ratbunny Thu 14-Aug-08 18:23:05

I had laods of suggestions when I asked this. And my mum came up with loads of ideas too.
off the top of my head:
research your family history
write
do exercise dvds
learn an instrument (or compose if you already play)
make stuff for your dc
cook / bake
edit photographs

hth

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now