Talk

Advanced search

ARGH - Run out of plain flour!!

(9 Posts)
MascaraOHara Tue 12-Aug-08 20:17:57

it's not very often it bothers me being a single parent..

but just sometimes.. little things happen and it just irks!

I am in the middle of baking some cakes and have run out of plain flour and dd is asleep. GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

just a simple little thing!

I finished the recipe with a bit of self raising (eek) but was supposed to bake something else and can't now!

bloody frustrating.

CuckooClockWorkOrange Tue 12-Aug-08 20:19:06

WEll, don't do what I did and use cornflour hoping it won't make any difference. It does!

PITA isn't it?

MascaraOHara Tue 12-Aug-08 20:20:52

lol at using cornflour!!!! brilliant.

I cast my eye over the cornflour box as the recipes specifically states not to use self raising but did dismiss the corflour immediately lmao.

That's really cheered me up lol

ninah Tue 12-Aug-08 20:42:48

I ran out of nappies tonight. Had to put dd to bed in an old towelling one and a carrier bag blush

ThatBigGermanPrison Tue 12-Aug-08 20:44:53

So bloody annoying isn't it? When you go to make a cup of tea before bed and realise the kids have finished the last of the milk!

MascaraOHara Tue 12-Aug-08 21:11:18

lol ninah! very creative though.

ninah Tue 12-Aug-08 22:00:11

I will let you know just how creative in the morning MoH grin Good job I asked for some in Tescos wink nice to catch up with you again btw

MascaraOHara Tue 12-Aug-08 22:06:40

lol, haven't 'seen you around' for ages lol

Look forward to hearing how you got on (I think)

gillybean2 Wed 13-Aug-08 12:58:50

Unless you wanted a flat cake SR flour should have been fine. Just don't add the baking powder and bicarbonate of soda if you use SR...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now