Talk

Advanced search

Hi I'm now single with 1year old dd - advice needed

(4 Posts)
mamachat Fri 08-Aug-08 19:28:57

I am no longer with dd's dad as he has been violent. He did not beat me up but was hitting me (I have very l;ittle brusies) and all infrount of dd. So I am pressing charges.

For the past year my whole life has been about dd, its like I live just to look after her.

I have recently started working 1-2 days per week. But I feel I need something to get really interested in. I am going to do a photodraphy course I think.

If you are a single parent do you get help with child care when studying? Also if you do will it be a nursery or child minder or something else?

Also if you have got any ideas of a great pick me up I would be grateful. Before dd I would have went out clubbing alot when newely single to get over the realationship.

But would not be a good idea with dd as she is still bf and very clingly. And I would miss her and can't be arsed with the hangovers.

I am getting my hair done soon so I feel better, any more ideas welcome...

mamachat Sat 09-Aug-08 08:25:03

bump

beansmum Sat 09-Aug-08 09:02:45

I'm not sure about the child care thing but a photography course sounds like a brilliant idea. It's good to have something to do which is just for yourself and doens't involve dd.

I know that when I went back to uni I got help with nursery fees, but I was a full time student, I don't know if it would be the same for a part time course.

V. jealous that you are getting your hair done! I need a haircut badly! Not a good idea to ask ds to sit still in a hairdressers for an hour though.

mamachat Sat 09-Aug-08 09:07:15

I am going to start looking into it all asap as september will be here before I know it... How exciting smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now