Talk

Advanced search

School holidays make me want to run away and /or get very drunk

(9 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Tue 05-Aug-08 10:19:42

Not sure it is a LP thing though as I remember feeling similar when I was still with xp and it was the hols.

Won't be doing with either though as no where to run too and no money to get drunk LOL.

tiredemma Tue 05-Aug-08 10:25:07

i break up on friday- fancy meeting up with the brats kids at a wacky or something before they go back to school?

Mercy Tue 05-Aug-08 10:29:32

I know how you feel! (even though I've got a dh).

I had planned to take the dc out today but of course it's raining so we are stuck inside. I could take them to a soft play centre but I know they won't want to walk that far in the rain. And there is no direct bus route and even if I could drive there's nowhere to park.

Sorry, must stop moaning.

IllegallyBrunette Tue 05-Aug-08 10:33:19

Sounds good emma, what day you thinking of ??

Moan away Mercy, I think summer hols are crap for lots of people regardelss of wether they are single or not.

I just find that because the kids are older now obviously they stay up later in the hols and I find I don't get a minutes peace until about 9:30.

Last night for example, all I wanted to do was sit down at 9 and watch Coyote Ugly, but even though I sent them all upstairs at 8:50, I still ended up missing the beginning because of them faffing about.

tiredemma Tue 05-Aug-08 10:37:49

any day really. I break up friday and they go back beg sept so whenever. do you know of a wacky type hellhole in between here and sutton?

IllegallyBrunette Tue 05-Aug-08 10:41:01

Ummm let me think, there is one at the pub on Birmingham Road, but thats nearer to me than you.

There isn't that many is there when you think about it.

I don't mind where, not fussed as will buy a day ticket anyway so can go anywhere.

Next week is pretty clear apart from my driving lesson Thursday, although will just check I have nothing wedding related to do next week, as that seems to be taking over my life.

tiredemma Tue 05-Aug-08 10:48:07

the wylde green? i think that i could get there on the 107, get off at jockey rd then walk down.

any day would be fine. just let me know

IllegallyBrunette Tue 05-Aug-08 10:52:22

Ok emma, will let you know. Am just waiting for someone to get back to me about eyebrow threading for next week and then I will know what I am doing then.

tiredemma Tue 05-Aug-08 10:54:18

ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now