Talk

Advanced search

Meant to be going to the carnival with my sister tonight, but have a feeling ex H is coming too!!

(29 Posts)
Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:35:27

Message withdrawn

Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:37:42

Am I being very OTT in my panic about this? we're not enemies oanything, but it would just feel wrong, especially as I have a new partner.
What would you do?

Hecate Thu 31-Jul-08 18:37:55

Go with your new bloke.

Honestly, this is getting fucking ridiculous now, isn't it?! Can you seriously live the rest of your fecking life like this?

Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:38:21

"enemies or anything" sorry, rushing!

Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:38:49

He is going to work later

Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:40:34

It is getting ridiculous and I can't live my life like this!

Hecate Thu 31-Jul-08 18:40:58

So don't go. Or walk down on your own and meet your sister there and go off just the 2 of you.

Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:43:25

I said we should watch fro a pub window & she said "children can't go inside though can they?" I said "but I don't have children tonight, so not my problem!"

it is her birthday on Sat & I was meant to be getting together for her birthday as won't see her at the w/e. Grrr, can't bloody believe this!!angry

Blu Thu 31-Jul-08 18:44:14

aaaaaargh! AAAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHHH!
Just screaming for you, PC - go on - you know you wnat to!

So, your sister has made an arrangement to go with you, but manages to hook herself to an arrangement with exH?

What do you feel like doing? Telling her to forget it, this wasn't the social set-up you had in mind? Tell her to get him to drop her off so that you and she can go together? (bit odd for the boys though if he comes past your house..)

Aaaaargh!

Pinkchampagne Thu 31-Jul-08 18:44:21

He has been left in charge of my parents house while they're away apparently

Hecate Thu 31-Jul-08 18:49:19

You know what, you have been far too nice and forgiving and what has it got you? Nothing but shit, more shit and even more shit! I cannot fucking wait for the time when you finally say enough is enough and you walk away from these people!

On that day I will throw a ruddy gigantic party for all MNers!!!!!

Blu Thu 31-Jul-08 18:52:19

Oh well hopefully it will be burgled and he will get the blame!!

I don't mean that, of course!!!

bignutbrownhare Thu 31-Jul-08 18:55:19

Why is your xp looking after your parents house, PC? My family are civil if they see my xp, but they certainly don't engage with him, iyswim.

Freckle Thu 31-Jul-08 18:56:08

I suspect that this has been organised by BIL who has always been conspiring against you with your mum and dad. Sis is just too weak to stand up to her partner and tell him he is a tosser.

Tell your sis that this is meant to be your child-free night and that, if you'd wanted to go with the boys, you'd have taken them yourself without exH. Tell her you'll meet her there and then the two of you can go off together whilst exH and BIL entertain the boys.

Blu Thu 31-Jul-08 20:10:45

Freckle - I think you are right - that's why S, BIL and exH were all round the parents even though they are on hol.

So are all 3 of them looking after the house? Or are S and BIL living there while exH is 'in charge'??

MascaraOHara Thu 31-Jul-08 20:18:01

I knew this would be you PC!

god how do you live with all the frustration you (surely) have... you have to do something about this!!

pinkbubble Thu 31-Jul-08 22:08:36

Hi PC, Did the carnival go a head? I have to say when we saw the rain we didn't go! sad Tis the first carnival we haven't been to in 20yrs!

Was it any good?

Pinkchampagne Fri 01-Aug-08 15:27:30

I met up with my sister & didn't have much contact with ex H, who was with BIL.
I wouldn't have bothered going if it wasn't for the fact I was meant to be meeting with my sister for her birthday. The carnival itself was rubbish, so you didn't miss much, PB!

Pinkchampagne Fri 01-Aug-08 15:29:34

My sister was talking of the nice lunch they had out with my parents & ex H when my parents later surprised him with the laptop they had bought him!

Pinkchampagne Fri 01-Aug-08 15:31:37

Ex H was asked to look after the house, but he hasn't stayed there because he needs more sky channels!! My sister & BIL were just staying last night because they wanted to drink & live in a different town.

Blu Fri 01-Aug-08 15:32:29

You couldn't make them up.

Sorry PC - I know you have struggled with so little help from them sad

Blu Fri 01-Aug-08 15:32:31

You couldn't make them up.

Sorry PC - I know you have struggled with so little help from them sad

pinkbubble Fri 01-Aug-08 21:09:09

Don't you worry PC, tomorrow we can go to that nice place and have lunch just like they did!

We can you know!

Pinkchampagne Fri 01-Aug-08 21:14:00

Ohhhh, are you allowed out?! Exciting!!grin

pinkbubble Fri 01-Aug-08 21:35:29

Yes, I put it in a very diplomatic way!wink will tell you tomorrow!smile

May not be able to take you and pushchair as DD3 wants to to Diamond Diggers tomorrow, and she has to have a parent present!As she has been a real super star this week and not moaned once while we have been cooking, feel I ought to take her, unless you can be ready before 9:30, or you go at 12:00 noon!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now