Talk

Advanced search

anyone else home alone - kids away this week with exH and I miss them

(8 Posts)
mistressmiggins Wed 30-Jul-08 19:17:33

am ok - not tearful
dont really like to ring kids as dont want them missing me & know they are ok....but house is quiet

I wake in the morning & find myself waiting for them to come downstairs.....

back Sunday and then exH wont have them til Xmas apart from 1 weekend a month (his choice) so I just need to get through this week

on the plus side, signed my new will today so I can die happy knowing my children will be provided for....god that sounds depressing grin

tootiredtothink Wed 30-Jul-08 20:07:35

Now you have just made me feel bad - my 2 dcs have been away for a week (yes a whole week) and I have had a fab time grin.

I have slept in til 9am EVERY day, I am watching adult tv (news, oprah, judging amyblush) and the house had stayed tidy!

Collecting them and dh from airport tonight and soooooo looking forward to hugging and kissing them, but also planning another week next yearwink!!!

Relax and enjoy - it's good to miss your kids as you appreciate them even more when they get back. Have a lovely week doing something just for yousmile.

mistressmiggins Wed 30-Jul-08 20:14:37

its ok
your situation is different - your DCS are with you DH whereas mine are with exH and OW who doesnt really show them much affection

Im glad you have enjoyed your free time

I am trying to enjoy it but ex isnt very keen on me phoning them so I just miss them and hope they arent missing me too much

the thing that keeps me going is that I rang on Monday & almost had to tell DS to hang up (cos he wanted to talk & talk) whereas when he speaks to exH during the week, he hasnt anything to say

I know they love me and am just glad they are enjoying themselves....

am spending my free time on a scrapbook (craft thing) for my SIL who has been with my DB for 20 yrs and they are only 36....

tootiredtothink Wed 30-Jul-08 20:31:54

I did think that after i posted [insensitive cow emoticon] - sorryblush.

Sod your ex and phone them when you need to.

I have had a go at scrap booking but am sadly missing the creative geneenvy.

mistressmiggins Wed 30-Jul-08 20:36:12

my ex's OW doesnt like me!
so if I dont phone within their timescale I get ignored OR she is rude to me on the phone

I just accept they are OK and get on with things.

scrapbooking is great - I am fortunate in that I have a local club where I can go weekly and learn new skills

just hope SIL likes my effort

Slouchy Wed 30-Jul-08 20:38:38

Hi miggins
Just to say looking forward to seeing you at the Swan on fri. you are coming aren't you?

mistressmiggins Wed 30-Jul-08 20:39:44

of course

Skribble Thu 31-Jul-08 19:46:14

I would plan a few things do do that you like, perhaps meet up with someone for coffee or just do some window shopping. just to break the time up a bit and give it some structure.

Not much else to suggest I am just getting used to my kids spending time away at their dads with OW, is weird, but I am used to not always having them in the house as they stay at their Grans a lot anyway. I have a partner now so I stayed at his when they were away, even though he was working it felt better then sitting in my house on my own.

Just thiking of you really and hope you can make use of the time either to get stuff done or pamper yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now