Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone divorced using the collaborative law process?

(4 Posts)
Joggeroo Wed 30-Jul-08 00:40:17

H and I have started down this route but I have yet to hear of anyone who has used it and not ended up resorting to a solicitor who will 'go for the Jugular".
any one with any experience/ advice/ reassurance?

slug Wed 30-Jul-08 10:14:27

None except to say I have a friend who is a divorce lawyaer and apparantly a bit of a rottweiller when needed who is very impressed with the collaborative law process. He says he meets the most intelligent and sensoble lawyers whenever he goes to trainig sessions on it.

Joggeroo Wed 30-Jul-08 22:42:28

thanks slug

yerblurt Thu 31-Jul-08 00:37:16

not used it myself or known anyone to but it is supposed to be much less confrontational like the usual adveserial system we have.

It's a bit like mediation but with the backing of a legal framework.

The advantages are that everything can be discussed in a not too confrontational manner, it keeps the costs down (relative to going through the courts anyway!), if you agree then you can have orders written up by consent and keep it all 'civilised'

If it doesn't work then you both have to dispense with your solicitors (who can't act for you again I believe) and take it through the 'traditional' route.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now