Talk

Advanced search

Friend bumped into ex - he didn't even ask about his son!

(5 Posts)
Flllight Fri 25-Jul-08 07:30:55

My friend saw ds2's father the other day. He just told me by email. I got scared when I saw those words but it turned out that neither of them mentioned me or our child at all shock
This is good on my friend's part and I am relieved, but find it very hard to understand. It's like he wants to forget we had a child at all.
He's never seen his son.
I am trying to work out if it is just because of money - he might be waiting to hear from the CSA (which he won't as he was abusive and I asked them not to contact him) or afraid I'll ask him for money, which I never would as I don't want to see him.(He is very, very tightfisted over money)

Isn't it just so strange though? I am glad but I wish I understood what makes some men act this way.

prettyfly1 Fri 25-Jul-08 11:22:14

my ex is just like this as well and i will never understand it - hurts tho so hugs

allgonebellyup Fri 25-Jul-08 14:36:34

No doubt these blokes go around telling everyone that its you that is stopping them seeing their sons hmm

lucylue Sat 26-Jul-08 21:16:01

agree allgonebellyup.

gillybean2 Mon 28-Jul-08 13:28:43

I don't think you can put such words into the mouth of this absent father or assume that all fathers who say they are being kept away are only saying it and aren't really insterested.

Huge presumption there with no evidence to support what you say at all and gives a bad name to those parents who are stopped from having contact when they really want it.

My ex is the other kind, who refuses any contact and doesn't acknowledge he has a child with anyone, not even his own parents. He certainly isn't telling people it's me stopping him seeing his child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now