Talk

Advanced search

Do any of you just feel happy to be alone.........forever?

(21 Posts)
OneIsOneForevermore Sun 20-Jul-08 19:46:06

Can't imagine I will ever want to be in a serious relationship again. I worry about being old and alone but for the foreseeable I can't imagine ever trusting a man again. Break up not that recent either. Just not in the least bit interested. Anyone else?

allgonebellyup Sun 20-Jul-08 19:50:17

i am happy being alone at the moment, but i doubt this will be forever. I do miss having someone to care about me, and i miss sex!
But on the other hand i have got so used to being on my own this year that i can imagine it any other way!

How long have you been single?

mypandasgotbluehair Sun 20-Jul-08 19:55:23

I have a friend who is more htan happy on her own & can't see herself being with anyone else.

While I'm very happy on my own, and unrecognisable from the person I was this time last year I am looking. I don't want a full on relationship right now, but I do wnat to be dating, have someone to take me out, have nights in with, but I do love having my own time, doing what I want when I wnat, not having to worry about washing up if I'm feeling lazy etc

IllegallyBrunette Sun 20-Jul-08 19:56:13

Being alone forever is my worst fear.

copingvquietly Sun 20-Jul-08 19:56:41

i can see me being alone for a long time yet but hopefully my time will come.

brightwell Sun 20-Jul-08 19:59:20

I have the best of both worlds, I have a long term partner, we don't live together and don't have any intention in doing so. So I get "couple" time at the weekend & holidays. The rest of the time it's me & 2 dc.

OneIsOneForevermore Sun 20-Jul-08 20:05:38

We only recently did the official moving out thing but he never really put 100% into the relationship and I would say we lived separate lives for almost the whole time we were married. He always just did his own thing and left me to look after the dc basically.

I have my amazing dc and that is more than enough for me for now.

I suppose I have always been a bit of a loner though. As long as I had a dog I was ok.

Nighbynight Sun 20-Jul-08 20:09:54

Not sure, tbh.

Pinkchampagne Sun 20-Jul-08 20:15:25

I am like brightwell - I live alone with my boys, but have a partner that I get to spend some time with at the weekend. He works nights & lives in a different town, so I normally see him on Sat night for our "couple" time. Other times it is me & the boys.
I am quite happy with my own company most of the time.

charliecat Sun 20-Jul-08 20:16:30

Happy? Not really. But accepting of the fact that the chances are I will be, yeah.

bignutbrownhare Sun 20-Jul-08 20:29:40

I've been on my own with my gorgeous dd for almost 4 months now and I much prefer it to being alone in a 'relationship' with her useless arse of a father, but I do miss someone to share things with. Think I'll just have to get used to it though!

singledadofthree Sun 20-Jul-08 22:50:58

can't say there's many things i fear - except the obvious ones - but being alone for the rest of my life is definately one. have lived with my kids for years and had a great time but if i'd known i could feel so alone at times i'd have made a far greater effort with my ex w.
hopefully the benefit of hindsight and my irresistable charm will help me find miss right in time

Snaf Sun 20-Jul-08 22:56:55

Alone forever? No, thanks. It's not a terribly cheering idea.

But on my own for the time being - and for the foreseeable future? Have no real issue with that. I have been on my own for over 4 years now (brief 'blips' notwithstanding). It's alright, actually. I like the freedom.

I really can't imagine getting into a relationship with anyone, in any case. I can't remember how one goes about it - I'm sure it used to be easy! (Too bloody easy...)

madamez Sun 20-Jul-08 22:57:34

I will be happily single for the rest of my life. But I was fairly sure of that before I had DS: I like men, and I like sex, and I have plenty of friends, but I really do not like couplehood, it has never suited me.
I am on very amicable terms with DS dad - he has just been with me and DS on a weekend camping trip to a folk festival and we all had lots of fun. DS dad is a great dad and an OK companion, though we no longer shag each other and can realistically only cope with being around each other for about 48 hours without starting to annoy each other.
Being non-coupled doesn't mean you have to be alloooooooone forever though: it's much better than being tied to some wierdo who won't let you speak to anyone else, for instance, and when you're not wrapped up in couplehood you often engage much more with the rest of the world and have lots of friends.

Snaf Sun 20-Jul-08 22:58:59

I efinitely think there is a big difference between 'on my own' and 'alone'. Alone is scary. On my own is fine.

minorityrules Sun 20-Jul-08 23:04:12

I thought I was, until I met someone but he messed me around and now I would love to have someone

OneIsOneForevermore Sun 20-Jul-08 23:46:36

Thats what I think madamez. So much more out there than coupledom. I have never been healthy when in a couple, too needy and subservient.

Exh was always accusing me of wanting to leave him so I could shack up with someone else immediately or telling me I was the type who would provide my dc with a series of feckless substitute dads. I was just utterly bemused by it. He was such a pig, I can't understand why he would think that I would ever want to be in a relationship again after what he put me through.

I see myself old, reading, studying, still keeping active, going on fabulous trips to far flung places - there is no man in this picture.

singledadofthree Sun 20-Jul-08 23:51:54

can see your point OIOF and would say the last line suits me too - just want someone to share it all with.

charliecat Sun 20-Jul-08 23:53:26

SD03 coooooeeeeeeeeeee <waves> what about me lol

singledadofthree Sun 20-Jul-08 23:56:00

thats it i'm sold....to the woman in the nappy (snigger)

charliecat Sun 20-Jul-08 23:58:02

Yay. Get me coat shall i?grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now