Talk

Advanced search

at last....................

(12 Posts)
prettyfly1 Fri 18-Jul-08 15:57:17

i finally woke up today and it was gone. all the anger, all the resentment, all the bitterness all the pain. all gone. ex was just a silly, selfish man who got himself into a situation he couldnt get out of, who made it about me rather then face the weight of his own mistakes.
my son still asks about him but i feel i made the right choice in stopping the mayhem and destruction that was rapidly becoming his life. I dont care if ex is happy or unhappy or well or not. i dont care if he is seeing someone else or back with his ex. i just dont care. and more then anyhting else i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and realise that whilst there will be hard times my boy and i are a family in our own right and we deserve to be happy again. I dont know how or why but i feel like a huge weight just got lifted off my shoulders!

happy days here i come grin grin grin

prettyfly1 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:11:21

do you know what - i actually feel FREE!!! How cool is that. after all the humming and hawing i have said what i wanted to, and can move on to a life not revolving round waiting for the next crisis to hit. WOOOHOOOOOOOO!

brightwell Fri 18-Jul-08 18:22:28

I don't know your situation, but I do remember that feeling.....not caring. Good luck!

ambercat Fri 18-Jul-08 18:37:26

God i can't wait for that feeling! how long has it taken?

At the min i get flashes of it, lasting about 5 mins before i it all comes flooding back.

Good for you!!grin

prettyfly1 Fri 18-Jul-08 19:30:38

hi ambercat - all in about six months to get here - i still get flashes the other way but i have accepted its over and feel quite settled to move on. I cant change him but i can change me and i think thats where the difference has started.

best bit ever is that the crappy job were making me work the noticeon my redundancy but decided today to put me on garden leave so i now have six whole weeks to chill out with my son PAID!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlotte121 Fri 18-Jul-08 21:00:50

Hey prettyfly1... I have had exactly the same today as well... isnt the feeling exilerating. I feel about 5 stone lighter. Its all because I went to see a solicator and having to talk everything through with her made me realise how much better off with out him me and the kids are. It also made me see that i can be in control of the situation and have the strength to ignore his behaviour.
Although he still sees the kids he is not a father to them and hopefully one day i'll meet someone who is worthy to be called dad by my children. I hope that I can move on with my life now, in fact i know i can.
I know how to deal with him if he causes more shit and I know I can cope with it... heres to the rest of my life. Im actually really excited.

Cheers prettyfly <<raises glass>> heres to the rest of our lives and all of the wonderful things it has to offer!

prettyfly1 Fri 18-Jul-08 21:36:34

lol - charlotte - a toast to independant women doing it for themselves!!!!! CHEERS

Tomorrow i am going to buy a new sim and change my number - a MASSIVE step for me to take but one that is long overdue!!!

PurpleOne Fri 18-Jul-08 22:18:08

<<raises glass to all the strong women>>

It's great isn't it!

BTW Charlotte, how did the date go?

prettyfly1 Fri 18-Jul-08 22:33:56

yeah hang on missy - how did the evening go lovey - did you have fun with your man?

i have just discovered the wonders of plenty of fish. i know it gets mixed reviews but oh my god i am bombarded by fit men. seriously a couple of wronguns but in the main nice guys.

charlotte121 Fri 18-Jul-08 23:27:11

we havnt had it yet. his supivisor is ill and hes the next in charge so instead of woking early shifts he has had to work late shifts... hence no date. so hopefully it will be next week but im kinda busy... i need some fun so im going to try and re-shuffle a few things so that I can fit him in Has given us more time to chat online an re-aquaint ourselfs which is nice. I feel a whole lot more relaxed about the whole thing the only problem is that I cant drink due to anti-biotics and im definately going to need a few glasses of wine to get me through the evening so perhaps I'll get some entanox... that makes u feel pissed

PurpleOne Sat 19-Jul-08 01:15:00

I like the idea of the reshuffle wink

So hold off on the anti b'is for the evening then.

Entonox grin cheeky girl wink Just a canister will suffice.
Glad you are both getting reacquainted. It's all good and positive.
And the fuckers leaving you alone love? If he aint, I'm gonna come around and smack him one myself...cos I'm in one of those moods grin
One of my closest friends lives in Keynsham, so not too far away, and I'll be seeing her very soon grin wink

Prettyfly - it's such a liberating feeling isn't it. To wake up and not have them on your mind. To not actually care.
<<raises another glass for all you strong MN women>>

*hic!

prettyfly1 Sat 19-Jul-08 09:58:41

lol- my head hurts this morning. still feeling lively tho and think i may take my son out for a lovely day out to celebrate and enjoy ourselves

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now